Top Coats - Super Shiney vs Out The Door

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
i am looking for a brand of topcoat but have forgotten the exact name. its something like 'outblack' (i know thats a file, but im sure it is called that) or outback', although i must be getting it wrong as the search engines wont find it for me.
please help????

Could it be 'Out the Door'?

THANK YOU.
I feel alot better now haha.

Is 'super shiney' and 'out the door' top coat the same kind of product. Meaning, could I use either or?

They are both top coats, out of the door drys quicker (I think) but yes you can use either. I use speedy or shiney myself.

hth

:green:

seche:) vite the baby you want fab stuff
thg

if you've never used 'out the door' before, you're going to love it.

To be honest, I do not thnk there is much difference in the drying time of Super Shiney or Out the Door. They are all very good fast drying top coats and they offer protection as well.

To answer your question, you could use either or in my opinion.

Out the door is prone to yellowing which Super Shiney does not. I would go for Super Shiney because I do not like the yellowing of Out the Door and for pink polish to turn peach after a week.

I can't live without my Diamond Dry. Dries super fast and a great shine too and do not yellow.:):)

Trini

We use out the door in the Salon and have never had any complaints about it turning yellow or changing the nail polish colour.

Also never had any complaints from any of the salons which stock the product, it may have been a bad batch which was experienced.

Out the door will dry nail varnish very quickly, great for pedicures, the wet look is a high gloss top coat which gives that just painted look (high shine)

We use out the door in the Salon and have never had any complaints about it turning yellow or changing the nail polish colour.

Also never had any complaints from any of the salons which stock the product, it may have been a bad batch which was experienced.

Out the door will dry nail varnish very quickly, great for pedicures, the wet look is a high gloss top coat which gives that just painted look (high shine)

I do not think you have some of the challenges in the UK that we have here in Spain ... like the sun. :lol: OTD definiely yellows when exposed to the sunlight. No use saying it doesn't because it is experienced here all the time which is why we stopped using it.

We definitely don't have the sun in the uk, you are very lucky living in such a beautiful place. I am in Thailand a lot and to get around the uv rays I use Total Eclipse to stop the yellowing which can be used on sunbeds too.

I forgot you were based in Spain so I do stand corrected, Sorry please forgive me.

I would say these are two seperate products entirely! Super Shiny forms a hard shell top coat that leaves a lasting shine. Out the Door dries quicky.. if it were me I'd by both.. although I think SolarSpeed Spray is better (MHO)... but them we have another thread entirely!!

When I first started out, I bought a bottle of each. OTD was used a couple of times and hasn't been touched since. That was nearly 3 years ago! I trained in the summer and to me, it definitely yellowed!

Super Shiney has a lovely effect. Drying time, I don't even think about.

Latest posts

Back