Top of the Pops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Just wondering what is popular within your treatments, what are the climbers and what is falling down the charts.
When I started out it was all, acrylic, (now known as L&P) forever french look (pop music), then gradually natural looking enhancements took over (classical), whilst stiletto with 3d nail art started bubbling under the chart (punk)
Natural nail manicures (easy listening) were always about but a bit boring.

Then UV cured polish came slamming in at number 1 with a bullet!

Since then Pedicures and luxury manicures have dropped completely out of my chart, along with L&P and UV cured polish have stayed at number 1 with no sign of dropping.

Is this the same for you?

Oh Izzi when I saw the title of this thread I thought we were going to start talking Duran Duran, Wham! And Spandau Ballet :D

When I started it was mostly forever French L&P or luxury manis, now it's 50/50 Shellac and L&P with a bit of Brisa Lite and IBX thrown in too.

I still do luxury pedis and they're 50/50 Shellac or normal polish. I rarely get asked for gel enhancements, they just don't seem popular here.

Can't we talk Spandau and Duran Duran?

We don't offer enhancements so only work on the natural nail. I do a lot of regular manis and pedis but a lot of shellac and gel ll as well. I suddenly seem to have had a rush on ibx as well. I'm looking forward to The Event to find out more about RescueRXX as it's definitely the sort of product we'd use.

Elsewhere - away from nails, facials are big for us along with waxing.

Variety is the spice of life!

Vic x

Well it is the Nail Forum lol...maybe I'll do another in chit chat where we can discuss our favourites from Top of the Pops!

Rescue Rxx is a good product, but it's a retail item for me not incorporated into any service I do.

I have had great success with IBX, in fact I had a very happy client yesterday with her first french manicure gel polish as her nails had always been too short and flaky for one. 2 IBX treatments and her nails had enough free edge for a french!

Well it is the Nail Forum lol...maybe I'll do another in chit chat where we can discuss our favourites from Top of the Pops!

Rescue Rxx is a good product, but it's a retail item for me not incorporated into any service I do.

I have had great success with IBX, in fact I had a very happy client yesterday with her first french manicure gel polish as her nails had always been too short and flaky for one. 2 IBX treatments and her nails had enough free edge for a french!
Don't you love it when that happens. Clients who do what they're told and get great results x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It was one of those days yesterday, another newish client came in delighted that she has had no hangnails or ragged cuticles since she started using the cuticle oil I sold her. It really works you know!
Yea I do know that's why I sold you it lol!

Hope today is just as good, although I have too many toes booked in for it to be a great day for me or my back!

Love this thread, very funny analogies - made me smile.

I've completely dropped L&P, clients stopped asking for it so with great relief I took it off my price list. Shellac is massive for me, IBX and mani/pedis are also very popular although not luxury ones so much and pedi's can fluctuate seasonally . Waxing & tinting are very steady and predictable, thank goodness. I do a smattering of facials and massages (mostly BNS) and a few other bits and bobs along the way. Hopi Ear Candles seem to run in fits and starts though which it very odd!

Karaxxx

I never ever thought I would take L&P enhancements off my service list, but I wasn't prepared to drop my price so never got any new clients for them.
Most of my regular L&P clients switched over to uv cured polish and loved having their own nails again. Then I had a problem with my lungs (non work related) and gave them up completely. I really only lost 1 regular client dropping it.

I'm new to nails but the salon I work in the most popular is white tip acrylics, usually squoval or round shape.
Then gel polish on fingers, bright colours! People like the hot pink, light green and bright red often with glitter or gems. Then pedicures, usually with regular polish, sometimes with gel polish. People want the hard skin removed and bright toes. I don't ever do normal manicures really and have only done one set of stiletto acrylics. We don't offer hard gel extensions and no one has ever requested them.

Latest posts

Back