Top Secret Eyebrow Shaping Tricks - Share Them Here!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where as nail techs say using white tips are cheating I think using tenplates are cheating.I have never used a tenplate and never will.

I never use an orange stick either.

A thorough consultation is crucial,as the worst thing is to guess what somebody wants,then go ahead with their shape only to be told they wanted their eyebrows thicker.:eek:

I always start on one eyebrow,then centre then other eyebrow.Also once I am placing the arch I alternate between eyebrows to get a definate match.

I always take the bulk off first with wax(unlesss client specifically asks for tweezer re-shape)Then I define shape with my Tweezerman tweezers.

I love these tweezers,they have the round grip in the centre,which makes handling them really comfortable.I am probably on my 3rd pair of tweezers as they tend to go blunt where they are soaked in barbicide and used so often.

If I have a client who has over tweezed,I advise that they leave absolutely alone until I/we have achieved the desired result.Sometimes I will advise they use a powder to fill in the missing hairs,not a pencil as this is too harsh.

hey babs
not sure if you do this but i was taught to put a cotton pad at the bottom of the barbecide jar and this stops your tools from blunting.
You probably already knew this but just incase anybody else out there didn't know....:)

I too just use naked eye. I don't very often line up with orange sticks.. I can normally guage where the natural arch is just by looking. I take off the bulk with wax after using a eyebrow brush to shape the brow in to a tidy line then finish off with my trusty tweezerman slanted tweezers.

I still have a little panic when I first do a reshape on clients.. as once off its too late... but so far so good.. they all come back for regular tidy's each month :)

I am glad you mentioned that book Amber as I have often contemplated buying it.. don't think I will bother now. :hug:

hey babs
not sure if you do this but i was taught to put a cotton pad at the bottom of the barbecide jar and this stops your tools from blunting.
You probably already knew this but just incase anybody else out there didn't know....:)
Thanks for that,yes I have used cotton wool in the past but didn't seem to make any difference.

The pair I'm using at the moment seems to be lasting better than the others,however in the past have had the paint come off as well.

Thanks again for your tip.xx:hug:

while i understand some clients can't help but pluck in between appointments, i always tell them not to, for the simple reason it will ruin the pattern of hairgrowth they've got going on. Eyebrow shapes last longer if the hairs are all taken out at the same time and in the same stage of hair growth, getting them all at the same stage of hair growth can be achieved after only 3-4 appointments. As soon as the client starts plucking them out in between this all goes out the window and they may aswell come for an eyebrow tidy once every week.

When i do brow shapes i always start in the middle above the nose and then move to either side, i usually do it by eye, wax then tidy round with tweezers. I prefer using the really sharp pointy epilation tweezers, i can't seem to get on with slanted ones!!

xx:)

Hi hun, thanks for pointing this out :green:

However, some of my clients can't stand a hair growing out of place and despite explaining to them what you've explained above, they still like to tidy at home. As you say - "some clients can't help but pluck in between appointments."

At the end of the day, the eyebrows belong to them, they can listen to my advice but they are not obliged to take it, and I'm not about to start 'enforcing' rules upon them :lol: I'm their therapist, not a Sergeant Major!

i loove doing eyebrows!!! if can say i am quite good and a perfectionist- i get such a buzz- you can give a person completely new look!

when the client is lying on the couch make sure they are lying straight including the head. so the head is near to you and the feet are furthest away fron you, look at the eyebrows- not as eyebrows but as shapes and think how you can re-create the 'shapes' differerently and evenly. i wax the eyebrows and then pluck to finalise and define the 'shapes'.
as you go along use a brow brush and keep brushing them to neaten them- if there are a few stragley ones cut them or pluck- only if the client wants.
my shape i tend to go towards are thicker at the bulb and then thiner towards the end with an arch or even a point in the middle depending on the brow- i love the classic,natural, sexy eyebrows

only do what siuts the client
but remember ask the client before and -TAKE YOUR TIME.
be passionate about shapping the eyebrows

x x

I do mine by "eye" as well.

Most people already have a natural shape that just needs to be "unearthed".

The thing I find the most difficult is when clients come who have VERY fair eyebrows and very little of it and they want you to shape it or tidy it, when there is nothing to shape or tidy !!

Marlise

I completely agree with that. I know alot of people that seem to do the shape on everybody. I think when you look at somebody you can see where shape should be.

I'm a slanted tweezer girl. (to tidy after waxing)

I can spend up to 20 mins creating eyebrows.

I offer to use grey tint (its more nat than brown).

No stencils.

When I am tidying with tweezers I stand back and look for where they need extra work.

Also stroking afterwax lotion onto the brows slowly can reveal a few stray hairs.

When I was at college my lecturer always told me to remove those vertical clumps of hair - which shortened the eyebrows, so I just use pertoleum jelly to flatten them and ask client to continue at home to train them to lie flat.

You could ay Im a right fa... but its a nightmare when I client wants almost symmetrical eyebrows - that is almost impossible - isnt it?

Hi hun, thanks for pointing this out :green:

However, some of my clients can't stand a hair growing out of place and despite explaining to them what you've explained above, they still like to tidy at home. As you say - "some clients can't help but pluck in between appointments."

At the end of the day, the eyebrows belong to them, they can listen to my advice but they are not obliged to take it, and I'm not about to start 'enforcing' rules upon them :lol: I'm their therapist, not a Sergeant Major!

hey hun,
I wasn't saying what you do is wrong i was simply explaining how i carry out my eyebrow shapes, i thought that was what this thread was about!!:green:

one 'ditty' i did get from my eyebrow book is...

eyebrows are 'sisters' not 'twins' lmao !

hey hun,
I wasn't saying what you do is wrong i was simply explaining how i carry out my eyebrow shapes, i thought that was what this thread was about!!:green:

No worries hun, I was just explaining right back atcha that trying to tell some of my clients what the best course of action is, is a hopeless cause :green:

oooh get you! not ugly sisters I hope.....or one fat and one thin....:lol:

I too do it by eye, waxing first and then tidying up with tweezers.
I still get very nervous doing eyebrows. I don't have many clients (only been open 8 months) so I only do about one every two weeks and it still feels "new" to me.

I too do it by eye, waxing first and then tidying up with tweezers.
I still get very nervous doing eyebrows. I don't have many clients (only been open 8 months) so I only do about one every two weeks and it still feels "new" to me.
Give it time and much more practice and you will not feel nervous at all.The nervousness is just down to lack of experience.

Practice on as many people who will let you and you will gradually get more and more confident.

In our salon I usually do several a day,I particularly like it when I have a client with Dennis Healy eyebrows who wants a new shape.Its a real challenge,and I love a challenge.xx:hug:

I too just use naked eye. I don't very often line up with orange sticks.. I can normally guage where the natural arch is just by looking. I take off the bulk with wax after using a eyebrow brush to shape the brow in to a tidy line then finish off with my trusty tweezerman slanted tweezers.

I do mine like this too.
Love doing them, clients are always amazed at what a difference it makes.

:lol: :lol: Mine must be stepsisters. No family resembalance. One round & one pointy:lol: :lol:

i work eye by eye

i measure up with a orange stick

i wax and then use a slanted tweezer

i listen to what a client wants but will advise them on what is best for them as an individual

(i get a bit peeved when a client thrusts a picture in my face and says "i want my eyebrows like this!" and i just know the shape will not suit their face)

(i get a bit peeved when a client thrusts a picture in my face and says "i want my eyebrows like this!" and i just know the shape will not suit their face)

Even worse is when a client says I want my eyebrows like this and they simply don't have the eyebrows to start with, never mind anything else !!

Marlise

Why does mother nature give us hormonal women mustaches that we have to wax then!
because he,s a man.....

Latest posts

Back