Top Secret Shin diggin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best days of the week for a big event

• Saturday & Sunday

Votes: 93 72.1%
  • Sunday & Monday

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • Monday & Tuesday

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
The party elves are hard at work putting on a top secret shin dig, and I wanted to help the process somewhat by getting some feedback from you all...

What are the best days of the week for a.... er... 2 day event/party? Is it something you would take a Saturday off for?

While we are at it... why not let me know what you would reallyreallyreally love to see at 2 day shindig (within reason... I mean, releasing white doves when you walk through the door would be a little OTT).

Thanks all!

Last edited:
who / what's it for?

a bouncy castle is never a bad idea haha.

Goodie bags are always a hit
oh and jelly and ice cream :lol:

hmmm... well... the only thing I can tell you right now is that the question was put on this site and even more specifically on this forum for a specific reason :evil:

sounds exciting...i would definitely give up my dull boring weekend for a sat/sun shin dig....what would i like...

Live music/band
men serving in little aprons
chocolate fountain
relaxed dress code
chicken samosa's
champagne fountain
raffle
silly games

oops get me...was thinking about my perfect 40th in a few years time...:lol:

well if its proffessional then, people, comps? offers ? as long as its close to me hehe, shame the back garden isnt big enough !!!!! :lol::lol:

SAT / SUN FOR ME!

'Poshed up' dress code
Champers
Nice / unusual Finger Food/canapes
Good company
Nice music
oh....and preferably 'outdoors' and a SUNNY DAY / Evening!

Agree hot hunks serving the canape's / champagne would be a rather nice touch....better leave hubby @ home then :green:

seeings as our's are so close together...we need to make this a joint one ..now naked men are in the equasion:green:

For me it would have to be airline tickets so I could attend. :lol:

comps, giveaways, displays, gigi demos (i wish), music and food. Covers it for me...and not in sept cos im on holiday! :lol:

sounds exciting...i would definitely give up my dull boring weekend for a sat/sun shin dig....what would i like...

Live music/band
chocolate fountain
relaxed dress code
chicken samosa's
champagne fountain
raffle
silly games

Relaxed dress code I'm definitely with you on, I've not gone to things because I didn't know what to put on, Choc fountain I never did before as Chocolate makes me pass out but at least I wouldn't worry about what I was wearing for long! I can hide in the loo for the silly games but the rest sounds fun :lol: Music/food sounds good too. Fun auction or comp of some description?

When you say 2 day shindig Sam I'm assuming you mean some events like demo's etc during the day with a fun night in between?

I go with Bhiffy!

aaaaaaaand a week end I am not booked already... october would be fine lol!

Live music/band
chocolate fountain
relaxed dress code
chicken samosa's
champagne fountain
raffle
silly games

:

Now that sounds like my kind of party! Plus a nice hot weekend too! Hot tubs a must to cool down in of course!

Saturday/Sunday for me too. I am however working on the assumption that I could still book clients in on Saturday am and come along in the pm, so this would depend on how far I would need to travel & what time kick off would be.

For a shindig, I would like to see:

Inflatable sumo wrestling suits
Vodka jelly
pass the parcel with CND goodies as the prize

It would also be fun to have a tongue-in-cheek Oscars style awards ceremony, if you posted some awards categories on the site, we could cast our votes!!

Saturday/Sunday

Wine, food, good conversation, interesting people and I would like the white doves as I come through the door:green:

mwahahahaha... some great minds thinking alike here :)

Keep them coming ;)

Do you have a location or would you like ideas for that to?

We have one, but feel free :D

Ive always thought that childrens play areas like fun factory, kids world and the like would be great for an adults party.
Imagine the fun, slides, soft play area, ball pond etc with a few glasses of wine thrown in.

In my head this is a great idea, however as Im typing it, it seems a little childish, oh well, nevermind lol

how about, the three counties showground,nr malvern, which is about 15 miles from worcester, its a big place, plenty of b&b or hotels in worcester, and most of all pretty central in the uk,as its only 30 miles ? from birmingham, just a thought? :)

Plus some gorgeous scenery to go wth it and a stack of pubs/resturants if needed :)

Latest posts

Back