Total beauty exhibition london

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sian1979

Reaction score
hi all....
after a fab time at olympia this monday decided to look at the new exhibition that will be at excel next feb 2011....have to say looks like one not to be missed.
I have only been to exhibitions for the last three years since i started in nails and on this site have always seen how they are no where near as big or as good as they used to be.....so having nothing to compare to i have always thought that the ones i have attended have been very enjoyable.... So as a nail tech im very excited to see that the likes of sweet squared/CND , ellisons, young nails, jessica, palms, pro impressions are all going to be exhibiting....and there are still more stands to be filled....it looks like its going to be HUGE...will most definately not be wearing heels on this day :)
So do you think this is the reincarnation of the beauty show how they once were?? (And i would like to know having only been to the most rencent ones in what way were they better....without getting too heated about it lol!!)
Also I love watching the competitions...one day i may pluck up the courage to enter one...but i see the nail competitons at this event are offering cash prizes like the ones that run in america....do you think this will attract more competitors???
I am really quite excited about going to this....probably more than christmas lol....sad i know!!!

(i did do a search on the new exhibition but couldnt see much so sorry if something similar has been posted already)

I actually didn't rate the show very much and was disappointed once I managed to eventually get in the hall and I had my badge before hand!! The organisation left something to be desired imo.

Saying this, it is the first one I have been to in the UK and can only compare to the States which I know you would absolutely love. I expected it to be much more "glamourous".

I was in London anyway last weekend but would have been disappointed had I travelled especially for it.

One of the up points was the nail competition and it was good to see the great work the girls were producing.

Re excel, again if I was in the area I would probably go but not sure I would travel.

I wrote my review of the show in my Blog on here.

Total Beauty promises to be good - it is being run by the guy who used to run the Professional Beauty shows before it was sold to Emap, after which I think they went downhill.

Excel is a great venue, just a horrible location!

Mat

I totally enjoyed myself at Olympia and it was great to see many nail brands exhibiting , alot more than what was at the previous show i went to, however i was working on the Nfu.oh stand and the team were all great, i had a wicked time and also the fact that Kirsty Meakin did amazingly well at the nailympics ,oh and a cetrain Theresa ****inson( sp ) :hug:
I thought there was a great atmosphere and buzz at the show and i cant wait to go to the Total beauty exhibition, as so many of the nail brands are already on the list and with the cash prizes available at the competiton ,maybe that will get more people to compete .

I for one amdefinatly looking forward to it
hazex

I think this show is going to up the game for professional shows. They have gone downhill over the past few years but judging by the exhibitor list and the marketing they are doing already I cannot wait for it!!
I believe it will be the best show for a long time :)

Total Beauty is run by the team that used to do the Professional Beauty shows. Its their first in the UK since eMap took it over about 5 years ago.

It is also the first time that Sweet Squared will be exhibiting with Shellac and Minx and more ;)

I think it will be big. Very big.

Oh yea... and there will be a Geek Meet in a VIP lounge :)

Oh yea... and there will be a Geek Meet in a VIP lounge :)
Well it has to be a must visit event. Can't wait to recapture the magic of shows gone by.... you know the good old days, when we had totally mad Geek shows aka trade shows lol. Remembering fondly the Geek Stand, pinching the tree from the Nails Mag stand to make ours more pretty lol xxxx
Networking and browsing the net at the Geek stand, asking people if they where Geeks and if not, WHY NOT lol. Giving out Geeky bracelets ahhh those where Show days lol xxxx

Nice to see this posted Sian :) It would be nice to think the cash prizes will get more entering but I doubt it. So many want to enter but don't. Some are petrified by the whole concept while others think they aren't good enough or because they won't win they don't see the point. Or the biggy the cost! It can work out expensive. But, it is an amazing buzz especially if you do get something :) You should enter Sian it's a great way to get feedback, you get loads of tips and advise from other competitiors. The nerves are a healthy high too lol Last year I said to Lauri I will enter the Nailympics to make up the UK competitors my first time to be there? what a nutter lol I will be going to the Total beauty exhibition london maybe even compete if pennies allow. Sian go for it. We will all support each other ;-) Thanks Haze nailgeek see's my surname or part of, as rude lol Hope there is some areas for sitting I'm sure I started out as 6ft haha

Wow?! This latest development actually really excites me! Hopefully we can finally get back to having real trade shows without all the rubbish!

The Professional Beauty show that Emap had planned to run at Olympia, London in March will now not go ahead. Instead the show will be rolled into the February event at Excel.

Exhibitors won't be split between two shows, and the one show is being run by someone who, based on previous experience, runs them properly! Not just corporate who only cares about their bottom line ... really not a fan of EMap shows. From experience of them they have no real concept of customer service and just screw exhibitors for every penny they can.

hmmmm....you never know theresa, lol!!! one day may be..:s

I see that professional beauty London is moving to olympia now.....not sure what will happen to this event with it being so close to the other one..... but i know people like rachael and sue as well as others put alot of work into the competitions there..... do you think these will stop.....with the attraction of the ££ as prizes at Total Beauty.
Its a bit confusing as on the Total beauty website is says about professional beauty being sold etc etc but the Professional beauty exhibition is still running as well as this one.....unless i have totally misunderstood...which is quite likely haha!

It will be good to see sweet squared at an exhibition as i have never seen any representation of CND at a trade show.... I would think this would attract alot of people to this show

I actually didn't rate the show very much and was disappointed once I managed to eventually get in the hall and I had my badge before hand!! The organisation left something to be desired imo.

Saying this, it is the first one I have been to in the UK and can only compare to the States which I know you would absolutely love. I expected it to be much more "glamourous".

I was in London anyway last weekend but would have been disappointed had I travelled especially for it.

One of the up points was the nail competition and it was good to see the great work the girls were producing.

Re excel, again if I was in the area I would probably go but not sure I would travel.

I agree that the US shows are much bigger and in my opinion better. The only thing I would say against US shows are the beauty uniform supplies aren't great.

Well it has to be a must visit event. Can't wait to recapture the magic of shows gone by.... you know the good old days, when we had totally mad Geek shows aka trade shows lol. Remembering fondly the Geek Stand, pinching the tree from the Nails Mag stand to make ours more pretty lol xxxx
Networking and browsing the net at the Geek stand, asking people if they where Geeks and if not, WHY NOT lol. Giving out Geeky bracelets ahhh those where Show days lol xxxx

That was the BEST!!! :lol::lol: We had such a fun time on that stand didn't we.....I'm up for doing another one Sam???!!!!! :smack:

Cannot wait for the Geek Meet....picnic at the ready :eek:

:hug: xxxx

Check the story in the previous post ... pro beauty at Olympia is being canned next year. Total Beauty at Excel is being rebranded so this will be the only London show at that time of year.

Mat

I agree that the US shows are much bigger and in my opinion better. The only thing I would say against US shows are the beauty uniform supplies aren't great.

Yeah you are probably right they don't have huge amounts of salon uniform/wear really and it is mainly for hair salons but of course everything else is, well if you cant buy it there you can buy it anywhere sort of thing.

I am still in the UK for the show at Manchester next month before I go home to the States and still debating whether to go as it is only a short journey, or would it be another disappointment like Olympia, I'll see nearer the time I guess!

Latest posts

Back