Totally new here and totally need help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sillyweirdname

Reaction score
Hello! I am a fanatic about my nails! Have had acrylics professionally done for years. My periodic attempts at dual forms, gels, and polygel have been nothing short of disastrous! I am hearing about the new builder gels in a bottle. Particularly the new Orly one. It is expensive and before I but, I need to know, is it as strong as acrylics? Is it as easy as polish?

I'm trying to save serious money by doing my own nails, so any insight would be greatly appreciated! I need an affordable system (like super cheap affordable), like super affordable, idiot proof because I've got 2 left hands, strength of acrylics, and super easy and quick to apply and shape.

Again, any help would be great! And if you know Santa or Jesus or anybody who can create this system for me, I'll send you cool points!

Hello! I am a fanatic about my nails! Have had acrylics professionally done for years. My periodic attempts at dual forms, gels, and polygel have been nothing short of disastrous! I am hearing about the new builder gels in a bottle. Particularly the new Orly one. It is expensive and before I but, I need to know, is it as strong as acrylics? Is it as easy as polish?

I'm trying to save serious money by doing my own nails, so any insight would be greatly appreciated! I need an affordable system (like super cheap affordable), like super affordable, idiot proof because I've got 2 left hands, strength of acrylics, and super easy and quick to apply and shape.

Again, any help would be great! And if you know Santa or Jesus or anybody who can create this system for me, I'll send you cool points!

Welcome to the site.

Unfortunately, the nail techs using the Salon Geek website are not permitted to give detailed or technical advice to those who are unqualified/untrained.

The best advice that can be offered, if you’re looking to save money, is to visit a local training college, where students are supervised and the costs are discounted.

In the meantime, please do not feel tempted to experiment with chemicals and solutions, since otherwise you are going to leave yourself wide open to some serious nail damage.

Latest posts

Back