Touched a cold sore with 2 good MU brushes - any option other than to throw out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Louise~

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I was wondering if you have any advice for me here....

I was doing a make up on Saturday, the client had acne so I never noticed the coldsore until it was too late (it didn't look like a cold sore, it looked like a continuation of the acne & was a fair bit away from her lip - still it was stupid of me, I know) - I had already went over it with 2 good & expensive Becca foundation brushes.

Is there anyway of saving them or will I just have to chuck them out?

I'd chuck them!!Xx

The herpes (cold sore) virus cannot live outside the body for very long at all, I would make sure you deep clean your brushes but not chuck them.

You get a spray that kills bacteria in brushes, I can't remember the name
Of it but I get mine from artdeco, it kills any bacteria on the brush, i use it between clients if I have a busy day then wash with baby shampoo at the end of the day and spray again. Make sure you also clean your Brush carrier xxx

Yes dont bin them. Anti bac spray then a good thorough wash out with baby shampoo.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I would throw them way!

I suffer with cold sores regularly and I just thoroughly clean everything and anything the brushes could've touched and you'll be fine x x

Latest posts

Back