Tough and tight cuticles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I got booked for my service of a mini mancure last week (inc cleansing, shape, cuticle removal, oil, squeek and polish application).

When I turned up to the client (she was lovely by the way) she had long nails on most fingers and they were in nice condition but she bites the skin all around her nails (yuck - bad girl)...

Now I did the service and used Cuticle Remover, but the skin was so so tight to her nail plate I wondered what more I could have done or advised her to do to ease this problem either during the treatment or aftercare advise and or for retail purposes...

PS : The client had got some Solar Oil from a previous visit to another salon and I asked her to promise to massage it into her cuticles and nails everytime she got the urge to nibble, and without fail twice a day..

wot about the aha cuticle eraser, just a thought hope it helps ,

dee said:
wot about the aha cuticle eraser, just a thought hope it helps ,
Thanks Dee but how long can you leave this on during a service?

Hi Louise, I had a client who had tight cuticles that were stuck to the nailplate. I recommended using AHA Cuticle Eraser overnight and solar oil 3 times daily. If they are really bad she could use the Cuticle Eraser and solar oil together at night. This is a wonderful moisture pack. My client started to see the results within four days. Hths

David

Thanks David,

I assume the client just massages the AHA Cuticle Eraser in with finger and then oil ontop?

Thats right, massage in the AHA then put a drop of solar oil on and massage that in aswell.

David

The other week I had a client with the cuticles from hell. They had grown half way down her nail, and she was a nail-biter too which made things worse. I tried AHA Cuticle Eraser - this didn't help. I switched to Creative's Cuticle Remover, which, after about 20 minutes, started to soften the cuticle. It took me just over an hour to get those cuticles off before I coudl start her nail service.

My questions: What is the exact difference between AHA Cuticle Eraser and the Cuticle Remover? I know the Remover has to be washed off, what's the safest length of time it can be left to soak into the cuticles, and what happens if you leave it on too long? I know it's ok to retail AHA Cuticle Eraser to the client so I'm thinking that's the safer option of the two? Or are there no side effects from the Remover being left on too long?

Thanks
Jackie

JackieMc said:
The other week I had a client with the cuticles from hell. They had grown half way down her nail, and she was a nail-biter too which made things worse. I tried AHA Cuticle Eraser - this didn't help. I switched to Creative's Cuticle Remover, which, after about 20 minutes, started to soften the cuticle. It took me just over an hour to get those cuticles off before I coudl start her nail service.

My questions: What is the exact difference between AHA Cuticle Eraser and the Cuticle Remover? I know the Remover has to be washed off, what's the safest length of time it can be left to soak into the cuticles, and what happens if you leave it on too long? I know it's ok to retail AHA Cuticle Eraser to the client so I'm thinking that's the safer option of the two? Or are there no side effects from the Remover being left on too long?

Thanks
Jackie

Cuticle Remover has a high AHA content and needs to be washed off. The high AHA content means it is very 'searching' and could cause a mild heat sensation if left on for too long. This is not a retail product .. we all know what women would do with this!! Give themselves a face peel. NO NO.

Here are the F&Bs for Cuticle EraserC-THERAPY A.H.A. CUTICLE ERASER ...

Contains four different alpha hydroxy acids derived from sugar cane. These natural exfoliants dissolve the bonds between dead skin cells, sloughing them away to reveal tight, healthy tissue. Combined with a moisturising botanical blend, they make
C-Therapy A.H.A. Cuticle Eraser the most intensive daily treatment available for dry rough cuticles and prevention of hangnails.

ALPHA HYDROXY ACIDS
A.H.A. are a group of acids derived from natural sources including Sugar Cane, Fruits, Milk and Wine). These acids have the ability to exfoliate skin on a continual low lever, causing it to shed. A.H.A.’s dissolve the “glue” which holds the surface skin cells together. This enables dead skin cells to be “sloughed off”.

C-Therapy A.H.A Cuticle Eraser uses a complex of four A.H.A.’s. They are Glycolic acid, Malic acid, Lactic acid and Citric acid. Tests have shown that a blend of A.H.A.’s deliver the best performance with the least degree of irritation.

A.H.A.’s are one of today’s most popular skin care ingredients due to their ability to Micro-Exfoliate the skin and stimulate new cell turnover. C-Therapy A.H.A. Cuticle Eraser has 8.5% hydroxy acid complex and moisturising, anti-inflammatory botanicals which soften and soothes the skin.

13 NATURAL BOTANICALS
Sugar Cane Extract – Rich in Glycolic Acid
Aloe Vera Juice – Legendary Healing Properties
Nutmeg-Soften Skin
Apricot Kernel Oil – Rich Vitamin E Moisturiser
Chamomile-Soothing Anti-inflammatory
Yarrow Flowers – Soothing Anti-inflammatory
Comfrey-Soothing Anti-inflammatory
Cucumber-Moisturising
Kiwi-Fragrant and Conditioning
Vitamin E Lineolate-Increases Nail Flexibility
Panthenol-Deep, long lasting moisturiser
D-Limolene-Citrus Extract, Fragrant
Allantoin-Skin protectant which speeds cellular repair.

This product is ideal for any client, especially ones with problem cuticles. These clients usually have cuticles that grow fast, who have cuticle build-up and have dry rough cuticles which can lead to hangnails.
Massage this light, non-greasy product into cuticles of fingers and toes once or twice a day. Teamed with the use of Solar Oil, seals in Cuticle Eraser for added results.

geeg said:
Cuticle Remover has a high AHA content and needs to be washed off. The high AHA content means it is very 'searching' and could cause a mild heat sensation if left on for too long. This is not a retail product .. we all know what women would do with this!! Give themselves a face peel. NO NO.QUOTE] Not sure why my quote thing didn't work here :confused:

Ooooh - now there's an idea! *LOL*

Thanks for that, Geeg. I thought that the 20 or so minutes I left it on may have been a tad too long, but she never complained about feeling any heat (luckily!)

She wouldn't buy any AHA Cuticle Eraser so the best I could do was give her a Solar Oil treat size, there was such a dramatic difference in her nails once the cuticle had been removed that I'm hoping she won't let it get so bad again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back