Toughen Up and Yellowing Nails....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracie

Reaction score
I haven't been around for a while but last time I was we were trying to get to the bottom of why Toughen Up was causing yellowing on the nails... I'm assuming the cause would have been discussed but hae searched and can't find a thread for it.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks
Tracie

I had spoken to Doug Schoon about this for sometime in January. He said it was hard to come to a conclusion when the cases were different - some yellowing on some nails, not on others etc... I have never experienced this personally and have only used it on my fingernails. I use Sticky on toenails because toe nails are generally thicker anyway and don't need more keratin bonding!!! The ingredients haven't changed at all so I am not really sure what else to say. The only other thing that you, or anyone else can do, would be to submit your whole saga and I can send them through to CND R+D and see if any conclusions can be reached ...just a thought!!!;)

Hi there,
I have also had this problem too, not on all of my clients but most. I also had this problem on my own nails... I used toughen up - neglige (one coat) then top coat. When I took it off say four days later as it was getting ruined with me taking clients enamel off my nails were really yellow!! As Samantha I also always use stickey on toes....I wandered why this was happening and thought It was something I was doing...Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated
Amanda (hermans wife) :rolleyes:

Hi

I also have had a problem with yellowing,,, probably my own fault as I was showing customers colours on my own nails, and therefore failed to wear base coat.... but within a couple of days, having not removed the polish, I found my nails had gone a very obvious yellow colour which is still there a week later!!!! I do know I should have used a base, but this has never happened before....

Herman said:
Hi there,
I have also had this problem too, not on all of my clients but most. I also had this problem on my own nails... I used toughen up - neglige (one coat) then top coat. When I took it off say four days later as it was getting ruined with me taking clients enamel off my nails were really yellow!! As Samantha I also always use stickey on toes....I wandered why this was happening and thought It was something I was doing...Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated
Amanda (hermans wife) :rolleyes:

OK - will TRY and sort this once and for all I PROMISE!! You may be seeing Mr Schoon on here very soon :) so that will be our chance to get to the bottom of it in a 1-2-1 manner!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back