Toughen Up vs Nailteks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Can anyone advise me on the difference between toughen up and nailteks. What do you prefer and what results have they given you.
Thanks D

ToughenUp is a nail strengthener that contains DMU a patented substance that helps to naturally crosslink the layers of the nailplate to stop flaking, chipping and breaking ... it does not contain formaldehyde (a substance known to cause sensitivity in many).

NailTeks I believe is a nail hardener that contains formaldehyde which helps to dehydrate the naillate and therefore make it harder ... must not OVERuse or the nails go brittle.

Both work and make nails harder/tougher.

I was told that this product did not have formaldehyde as an ingredient when I did a training course on Monday. I was then singing its praises (to my boss of all people) - sold her a bottle and she then pointed out to me the list of ingredients on the bottle and is says "formaldehyde resin" - she promptly asked for her money back - I felt really stupid. Is this a different kind of "formaldehyde"? - grateful for any advice

Sue

Should Toughen Up be used continuously or should it be used until the nail plate is strengthened and then some maintenance treatment recommended?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

hiya cathy
toughen up is used to toughen up the natural nail plate as previously mentioned.
when the nail is sufficiently "toughened up"!, then the normal procedure would b to move onto sticky, which is a fabulous base coat that clings onto the enamel that u choose to apply.
the ability of sticky to keep the enamel & top coat on is beneficial as most nails become weakened in the 1st place because they loose the treatment & enemel from the ends of their nails. the worst thing that u can do to your nails is leave them completely bare.
this leaves them at the mercy of detergents, hot water, etc.
what do u think your hair would look like if you never conditioned it?
or your skin if u never used moisturiser or worst still sun screen?
if however the clients nails started to show signs of weakness again further down the line, then return to toughen up.
prescribe the relevant treatment each time the client comes in.
liza xx

And if the client isn't an enamel wearer should you use sticky and super shiny or just sticky - same goes for toughen up?

Sorry if I sound dumb, I've just put in my first order (spent way too much!!) and I need to get to grips with the natural nail products before I start using them!!

nails@42ndstreet said:
And if the client isn't an enamel wearer should you use sticky and super shiny or just sticky - same goes for toughen up?

Sorry if I sound dumb, I've just put in my first order (spent way too much!!) and I need to get to grips with the natural nail products before I start using them!!

If your client is not an enamel wearer, then you have 2 options.

Stickey plus SuperShiney OR ToughenUp plus Super Shiney.

Always use Sticky base coat. It anchors the colour or top coat to the nail for a much longer wearing time.

If just a clear coat is wanted and you wish to use ToughenUp, use Toughenup and then super shiney for best results.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help everyone. But can I just confirm in my addle brain:

If using ToughenUP:
ToughenUp followed by
Stickey followed by
Super Shiney

nope. I screwed up my post (have since edited it to display the correct way).

ToughenUp
2 coats of enamel
Super Shiney

or

ToughenUp
Super Shiney

Toughen up whilst the nails are in need
Then move to stickey after you are happy with the improvment..........
As a top coat, over either the Toughen up or Stickey,Super Shiney will be fab..........

Cheers y'll. The ladies of Bristol are queuing round the block in readiness for my new range of treatments - been talking it up for a couple of weeks - here's hoping they love their manicures and purchase all the recommended homecare products!

I have to say I've learned so much from this site I can already talk with confidence about the products, their benefits and how they work.

XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back