TPTW Are you a positive person or a negative one??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayleysspraytan

Reaction score
Ok guys well I am a very positive person and strongly believe in 'the law of attraction'. If you are happy you attract more happiness, if you are sad the same....

I believe there are positives in EVERY situation, even when somthing goes wrong, there is usually somthing we can learn from it.

Ever heard the saying what doesnt kill you makes you stronger; well it will kill you if you let it however if you take it in your stride either learn from it or deal with it and use it as motivation; it ends up being a good thing so to speak (although good could perhaps be subsituted for a more appropriate word in some situations...but you get my drift).

I think to be successful in business this outlook is essential; visualise what you want and where you want to be and live like you have it already. I truly believe that if you live this way you cannot fail as you leave no space or doubt in your mind that you will fail it isnt an option, its not evan a thought!

Do we agree, do we disagree?? Are you positive or do you tend to dwell on the negative? Do you feel this helps or hinders you?

Am I wearing rose tinted glasses or do you agree with my thinking??

Somthing that always helps me is when I feel stressed or down I make mental lists of everything I am greatful for .... my family, my business, my house, my car etc etc

Looking forward to hearing your thougts geeks :D

I'm not sure. I think probably positive, but sometimes I have to really work at seeing the plus side of a situation. Similarly, I never get too carried away either. Perhaps I'm just the happy medium.

I definitely get carried away...easily!! But I also usually get to where I want to be, or I know I will do. For me its a matter of how quickly as I dont always practise what I preach and find myself being negative, which is when I stop and think of all the positive things and get myself back on track.

My take on it is this if you want a successful business do it, simple make it happen believe its possible. If you dont believe its possible then it isnt you are setting yourself up to fail.

Or do you think the same it true of me am I setting myself up to fail by my outlook?? Is it possible to be too positive!?

I agree that you get what you say. If you speak negative...you get negative. People you exude negativity seem to have their own negative orbit of negative people and their lives tend to have a negative spiral.

I like positivity. I tend to think positive. I like to surround myself with positive people. If I'm around negative people, I can feel that energy and it brings me down and I can feel my words, phrases, sentences all turn. Nah....I don't need it.

Even the most postive people can have negative thoughts, too. I think we'd be lying if we said we never have negative thoughts. It's what we do with them that makes the difference.

Really couldnt agree more gr8nailz!!

I am totally positive! Always was a glass half full kinda gal but did go through some very dark times where I felt like my glass was empty lol!
Thankfully I am back to my old self and see every day as a blessing and am so bloody thankful for my life and everything in it.

After feeling so bleak for a long time it's amazing to see the world in full colour again so I always try to spread a bit of happiness to others every day too. I love doing random things to make people smile, you never know how someone is feeling inside and just sending them a wee message can brighten their whole day :D

I hope I'm never in a dark place again, life's too short to be sittin round miserable... :Love:

I am a positive Percy lol I didn't always used to be until my son passed and my daughter was born very prem half a pound lots of probs.

I changed at the young age of 18 nothin gets me down I take life as it is and deal with anything.I have the ability to change something awful into something good and work on it.I love life to much to be negative.

On the business front I've just started out mobile in jan and I'm actively looking for work in a salon and getting no where I prob make about £20 a month lol not even enough to cover my elec meter I have no clients I've advertised and so on and finding a job in a salon when you have just qualified is hard but you know what I'm strong and determined and I'll get there.I'm confident in the nails I produce and have worked hard I've got lots more to learn but would love a chance to prove myself.

If anything I'm to happy and positive lol.xx

Also I forgot to say that I am a huge believer of getting out there and making things happen, if you can see it in your head, you can hold it in your hand!
Positive Mental Attitude geeks :wink2:

So do you think you can be too positive??

ooh pink fairy love it love it love it!! You are all spreading the positive vibes!!!!

I don't think you can be too positive, being too negative however is detrimental to your whole life. It is draining on your relationships and your health.
There is no harm in seeing the good in everything, but I suppose it is perhaps setting yourself up for a fall or ending up bitterly disappointed in something/ someone but hey, us positive geeks can dust ourselves off and see the best in the situation again :D

Also I forgot to say that I am a huge believer of getting out there and making things happen, if you can see it in your head, you can hold it in your hand!
Positive Mental Attitude geeks :wink2:

So true hun, if you can visualise it you can go for it ;) x

i'm a glass half full type of person and i cant be around negative people , they just suck the energy out of you .... i not a bouncy happy chick but i tend to always look for the positive in a situation and do argree in the laws of attraction.... so any positive, immature 40+ with a penchant for red wine give me a shout ( except tammie , cos she's jealous of me)

i'm a glass half full type of person and i cant be around negative people , they just suck the energy out of you .... i not a bouncy happy chick but i tend to always look for the positive in a situation and do argree in the laws of attraction.... so any positive, immature 40+ with a penchant for red wine give me a shout ( except tammie , cos she's jealous of me)

Only 'cuz you're younger and hotter than me, Rinn.

hahaha the only thing hot about me is my temper...

@Tammi ... great post

I am a VERY positive person but I don't rely on my positive thoughts alone ... I am proactive in going after what I want :D Words/thoughts without deeds and all that! Prayer with out works as they say just dont work.

I know plenty of negative people who are just shi ..takee magnets!! I've seen it again and again and it works just the same in reverse for those who are positive thinking, joyful and yes grateful people. It is really important to always be grateful and thankful for what we have ... looking at the world, even in our worst moments, we all have allot to be thankful for do we not?

I am a very positive person, but I can be annoying because of that. A friend, whom I love to bits, looks on the negative side and I know we irritate the life out of each other over our different attitudes!

I do always prepare myself mentally for worst-case scenarios. That's because I've had a few shocks in life and I like to be ready to cope with anything. If anything bad happens I can usually be relied on to hold it all together.

I tend to smile a lot...at friends, strangers, anyone. It'll probably get me arrested one day......

Wow we are a positive bunch!! Was hoping to spark a debate ha ha!! Maybe next time I get any negative thought creeping in Ill pop in and read this thread!!

Geeg I agree words without actions mean absolutely nothing, I believe in say it do it!! Say your going to be successful ... do it MAKE it happen!!! Empty words will get you nowhere but youve got to believe in it in my opinion hard work blood sweat tears and blind belief THE recipie for sucess! Let doubt and a lack of belief creep in and your going to loose your drive and start to flail!

Lol I'm a positive person too but i don't think you are getting a balanced view on your thread because none of the "glass half empty crew" can be bothered answering! hahaha :just kidding:
hugs glitterbugs xxx

I'm raising my half full glass of Shiraz to you!!

Latest posts

Back