TPTW Fake beauty products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was in the news today!

Women were put at risk by a young mother selling fake and highly-toxic versions of top brand cosmetics on eBay, a court heard yesterday.
Blonde Leanne Wertheim, 24, was caught running the £40,000 fake make-up scam from her bedroom selling toxic cosmetics to customers across Britain.
Wertheim, from Gilwern, south Wales, who offered online buyers seemingly bargain prices on top brands of mascara and foundation such as MAC, Benefit and Lancombe, led a double life - supplementing her wages as a health care worker by buying the fake makeup from China on the internet.

Leanne Wertheim, 24, caught selling £40k of toxic Chinese imitations of top make-up brands | Mail Online

This is why we should NEVER buy from unauthorised distributors, the products are unsafe and often the sellers never pay any tax or VAT!

These so called "fakers" comply with MSDS regulation and produce identical products. These are factories with their own R&D departments and millions in capital for research.
The only issue that needs to be raised is weather the word shellac is TM and companies are not able to use it along side their brand name. In that case that would be a legal issue between CND and thos companies. I think you are exaggerating when you say so called "fake" shellac bottles are sponsoring terrorists. The only thing it is sponsoring is the economic rise of China and that is all. Do you understand what the manufacturing processes of gel polish are and the specific differences between each brand? I can tell you that the only major difference is called marketing.

If these 'fakers' spend £$€ in R&D and comply with regulation with regards to the chemicals they are putting in their products why do they then feel the need to package it up to look like existing brands already on the market? If you had spent your time, money and effort producing something why would you want it to look exactly like someone else's product?

Spotted a new "counterfeit" brand to me today on ebay

"Lucky Star GELISH Soak off UV Gel Polish"

The text is quite clearly designed to mislead the consumer that this is the same product as Nail Harmony Gelish. And the packaging and colours are identical. In fact I'm pretty sure they have simply ripped off Nail Harmony's colour chart and photoshopped some of their images. They are selling this stuff ridiculously cheaply (less than the retail price of a quality bottle of regular nail polish) so who knows what it is made of.

I have reported it to ebay as copyright/intellectual property infringement but they aren't likely to act unless they get a complaint from the actual rights holders (nail harmony) so maybe someone could forward the link onto them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LuckyStar...Manicure_Pedicure_CA&var=&hash=item7dbe80e0a4

Latest posts

Back