TPTW Fake beauty products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CCO Shellac?

Just another knock off product, just as dangerous as Bluesky and any others that do not have CND on the bottle, that are manufactured by CND and sold only by authorized stockists of CND.

Just another knock off product, just as dangerous as Bluesky and any others that do not have CND on the bottle, that are manufactured by CND and sold only by authorized stockists of CND.

hadn't heard of that one yet!

Back on track please? This tread is not about Shellac which is just another product being faked and ripped off amongst THOUSANDS.

This thread was posted to raise awareness and to alert those who may not have thought that they were ADDING to the whole massive problem by buying theses fakes, whether it be a rip off handbag or faked Shellac. Not going to let this thread sink to the bottom of the pile!!

I don't see how that's off-topic, considering YOU brought up CCO Shellac, Gigi.

I am very sorry for asking about another fake product to keep myself up to date. How terrible of me.

Inspired by this thread I have posted about this on my Facebook page today (thank you Gigi). Only one person has contributed to the discussion on there and I KNOW this is because many of my friends are guilty of purchasing these fake items so have steered clear of getting involved in a debate because they know it's wrong. A few of my friends were recently discussing buying Benefit make up on Ebay as it's cheaper, I expressed then that they shouldn't be doing it and got ignored then too. It's such a frustrating thing and one that I fear will never be stamped out, too many people want things cheapy cheap cheap!! :grr:

Planky it's terrible isn't it, they fake everything, but the thing that really makes me angry is baby products! Only recently I realised there were fake nappies & baby milk!
Can you imagine what's in these things?
They should be shot! & the people who buy them...what are they thinking? Their baby could die it's bad enough fake beauty products but this is a whole new level of evil. :irked:

Planky it's terrible isn't it, they fake everything, but the thing that really makes me angry is baby products! Only recently I realised there were fake nappies & baby milk!
They should be shot! & the people who buy them...what are they thinking? Their baby could die it's bad enough fake beauty products but this is a whole new level of evil. :irked:

Oh my gosh fake nappies and baby milk?! Now that truly is a horrifying thought having 3 young daughters :(

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

I don't see how that's off-topic, considering YOU brought up CCO Shellac, Gigi.

I am very sorry for asking about another fake product to keep myself up to date. How terrible of me.

Why do you not just pm me if you have a question or a beef. It's my thread and it's not ABOUT Shellac ... but thanks for your input which is charming as usual. I simply mentioned it as an example of something being faked, not as the next topic of the thread and I do not wish it to be. I wonder why my friend Wooshka has not ripped my head off yet?? Maybe because she understood what I was trying to say and which I requested quite nicely? How novel of her.

Fake baby milk! And nappies...that's madness!! Why o why would you buy that? I didn't know such a thing existed. Well goes to show you really can get fake everything! lol x

Oh my Goodness!!!!! That's actually just made me shiver! That's disgraceful :sad: What is this world coming to?? I know a lot of the time people are naive to it and are just looking for cheaper deals as everyone is struggling so much, food prices etc are through the roof and at an all time high but seriously?! The welfare of your babies and children?? People need some serious education in all of this stuff. Makes me so sad and so mad!!!!

Fake baby milk! And nappies...that's madness!! Why o why would you buy that? I didn't know such a thing existed. Well goes to show you really can get fake everything! lol x

My friend works in trading standards & she says any product you can think of they will fake it.
It doesn't matter what or who is selling it the money always goes to serious crime at the highest level. But yes the baby thing just sickens me too :( xx

The scary thing is, the fake packaging can be identical. I watched a programme where there were no differences between the real and the fake, some there were only tiny differences you would find it so hard to spot. Some of these products somehow make their way to shops. The baby bit scares me so much.

My husband is in the Army, has been for 23 years and is off to afghan again very soon, I despise the thought that the people happily buying fakes are contributing to fund the terrorism that him and his men/women are fighting against, money thats going to the very people who threaten homeland security as G said. I would never buy anything fake.Fake DVDs, bags, any tat you can think of.

Many many years ago [/ancient] a boyfriend bought me what was very obviously fake perfume...I asked him where he bought is and he said Boots, I asked him for the receipt to take it back,his face was a picture...he wasnt my boyfriend for very long after that :D

If you can't have the real deal, don't bother.

The scary thing is, the fake packaging can be identical. I watched a programme where there were no differences between the real and the fake, some there were only tiny differences you would find it so hard to spot. Some of these products somehow make their way to shops. The baby bit scares me so much.

My husband is in the Army, has been for 23 years and is off to afghan again very soon, I despise the thought that the people happily buying fakes are contributing to fund the terrorism that him and his men/women are fighting against, money thats going to the very people who threaten homeland security as G said. I would never buy anything fake.Fake DVDs, bags, any tat you can think of.

Many many years ago [/ancient] a boyfriend bought me what was very obviously fake perfume...I asked him where he bought is and he said Boots, I asked him for the receipt to take it back,his face was a picture...he wasnt my boyfriend for very long after that :D

If you can't have the real deal, don't bother.

That's exactly where the money goes isn't it!
Even tesco were caught out, somone swapped boxes of persil for fakes in transit & they sold a few before they realised, it was on the news, then we have the fake vodka that makes people go blind! that's no bargain!

I have a colleague who buys into everything fake literally head to toe. From her fake designer shoes, fake designer handbags, fake designer clothing, fake designer cosmetics, fake designer jewelry, to her fake designer weave.

I told her she's feeding an illicit industry but she seems to think it's okay... that no one is getting hurt by her actions because she's a small fish in a big pond. "I'm not the only one doing it," is her response.

I don't like counterfeit/fake anything. If I can't afford the real deal, I don't want it. I don't care what it is. I'll settle for what I can afford.

There are products within my price point and budget that I can make do with...that I will have to make do with...without compromising my integrity.

I have a colleague who buys into everything fake literally head to toe. From her fake designer shoes, fake designer handbags, fake designer clothing, fake designer cosmetics, fake designer jewelry, to her fake designer weave.

I told her she's feeding an illicit industry but she seems to think it's okay... that no one is getting hurt by her actions because she's a small fish in a big pond. "I'm not the only one doing it," is her response.

I don't like counterfeit/fake anything. If I can't afford the real deal, I don't want it. I don't care what it is. I'll settle for what I can afford.

There are products within my price point and budget that I can make do with...that I will have to make do with...without compromising my integrity.

That's a terrible attitude she has, I'm like you Tammie I can't suffer fake things, if I can't afford it I don't have it. Xx :)

That's exactly where the money goes isn't it!
Even tesco were caught out, somone swapped boxes of persil for fakes in transit & they sold a few before they realised, it was on the news, then we have the fake vodka that makes people go blind! that's no bargain!

Blind vodka!? How cheap must have that been!? Lol. Thought you could get vodka cheap enough if you really wanted it. X

My friend works in trading standards & she says any product you can think of they will fake it.
It doesn't matter what or who is selling it the money always goes to serious crime at the highest level. But yes the baby thing just sickens me too :( xx

Wow fake everything. Makes you consider and be weary about what else is made into fakes if baby milk is one of them. Medicines? x

Wow fake everything. Makes you consider and be weary about what else is made into fakes if baby milk is one of them. Medicines? x

It is for this reason you should be wary of buying from online pharmacies. There are numerous fake medicines around. Not to mention fake Botox from eBay complete with DIY face map all marked out for your convenience! Lab testing recently identified vials of Botox to be either talc powder or worryingly non pharmaceutical grade toxin in an extremely dangerous form. Hideous!

It is for this reason you should be wary of buying from online pharmacies. There are numerous fake medicines around. Not to mention fake Botox from eBay complete with DIY face map all marked out for your convenience! Lab testing recently identified vials of Botox to be either talc powder or worryingly non pharmaceutical grade toxin in an extremely dangerous form. Hideous!

Anyone that's stupid enough to buy Botox or similar that way deserves everything they get imho

Well I've never been happier to know I've never bought from such places. Still gobsmacked that you can buy such things. Fake botox sounds horrifying!! x

Latest posts

Back