TPTW - How is your self belief?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish I could Lynne but it is a school trip here, phone bill there, oil needs topping up this week, something else next week lol

I wouldn't mind but i can actually "drive" I am just not licensed or insured to drive by myself :( xx

This is going to sound harsh. If you want this badly enough you'll find a way to do it.
You get what you focus on!

Not harsh hunny - just a friendly kick up the derriere hehe

I will get there eventually - even if I can only squirrel a couple of quid a week away ya know :D xxx

Love reading everyones and love the positivity.

I have a good 80-90% self belief with my new business, but that has only come recently. When I was younger I got myself into a lot of situations where by I hated what I was doing, but did it cos I had to or did it cos I couldnt say no or did it cos I'd left myself with no other choice. Because of this, over the last few years I adopted the attitude I dont have to do it if I don't want to, you can't make me and I can say no if I want to. Whilst this has been good for me in some areas, I've come to realise over the last 5 or 6 years that I'm not pushing myself enough, I give up easily and became quite lazy. None of these things make me feel good about myself especially as I have always been a doer. I got made redundant in April 2010 and havent work since.... this is most unlike me I've always been a worker.

The nail world has been in my sight for a few years, took a few wrong turns, but earlier this year and thanks to Shellac et al making it possible, I was able to enter it. So I sold my beloved car earlier this year, saved, sold other items I own to educate myself and buy products and I went live with my business last week. To begin with I always had in the back of my mind this nagging voice Laura you're lazy, you never see things through and you seem to give up far to easily. My husband whilst very supportive had his doubts and I honestly cant blame him.

However over the last few months through getting my own money together and not getting my poor work horse hubby to work overtime, building my business, having an amazing time learning, discovering that I am (almost) good at nails (though still learning and still have a lot to learn), using my brain again, discovering something I have just the biggest passion for (second to my hubby and son) and actually putting myself in situations I feel uncomfortable in but doing it because I want something so badly, I finally believe that I will do this and that nagging voice is getting quieter and quieter and is almost a wisper.

The other week I said to my hubby "you know babe I'm really going to do this" and you know what he said.... "I know you are." And he meant it.

So yes a ramble as normal but right now my self belief is good.

xxxxx

I amin the process of selling all kinds of things to try to give myself a better financial option regarding that damn driving test and another training course i would like to do. Anyone looking for an airbrush or Nfu oh stuff hahaha ;) xxxx

Ah happyfeet, what a fantastic post. I feel so much admiration for you, well done you! X

I have some goals, but am enjoying meandering along taking my time, smelling the roses along the way.

I know deep down what I want, but am perhaps not quite ready for the big picture.

Am enjoying lots of little pictures at the moment.

I'm about to be a complete geek now. No one judge me...

I have this poem on my notice board which I wrote up after hearing it in an assembly in, I think, year 8? -shy face-

You Can If You Think You Can!

If you think you are beaten, you are,
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win, but you think you can't,
It is almost certain you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
For out in the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow's will.
It's all in the state of mind.
If you think you are outclassed, you are,
You've got to think high to rise,
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man.
But soon or late the man who wins,
Is the man who thinks he can.

~ C. W. Longenecker ~

This has actually spurred me forward when I thought I couldn't do something.

My goals? To just be as great as I can be every day :) x

I love this thread! Such positivity!
I don't have the greatest confidence in myself and am very anxious but I definitely believe that a positive, winning attitude helps.
For those who don't know ;) I passed my driving test yesterday and I was terrified! But I got up in the morning gave myself a good pep talk and visualised the moment I could tell my family that I passed, over and over.
I actually was muttering under my breath whilst I was on my test, 'You go girl!' :lol: and you know what, it worked! Well, that and Bach rescue remedy lol

After a really awful year I have decided to go out and get everything that I want in life and I really believe that it is achievable if you work hard and have faith!
:green: xo

When thngs go wrong as they sometimes will
when the road you're trudging seems uphill
when the funds are low and the debts are high
and you want to smile, but you have to sigh
when care is pressing you down a bit
rest if you must but don't you quit
life is queer with its twist and turns,
as everyone of us sometimes learns,
and many a failure turns about,
when she might have won had she stuck it out
Dont give up though the pace seems slow
you may suceed with another blow
sucess is failure turned inside out.The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you can never tell how close you are it may be near when it seems so far . so stick to the fight when you're hardest hit. its when things seem worst that you must not quit.

I also need to have my own financial security and to carve out something for myself, however the pull of family life constantly makes me weigh up and re-decide my plans and visions. I believe in focus and if you search you will discover. I have been working on another project, which I hope to bring to fruition but the fear is not of failure but success - how will I cope if it goes to plan? LOL:eek:

My self belief??? Good days 98 % bad days 96 % lol!!!

I certainly agree if you want some thing you can get it........

My story in very short terms .......

'Unsettling ' child/teen hood
Ran away etc left school no quals.... Nothing .....
Became a gym instructor coz it was easy .... Just used to go out drinking and generally not much else!!

Then got pregnant at 21ARRRRGH LOL and it all dawned in me that I wanted the most stable and loving upbringing....

So trained in level 2 hairdressing. Had another baby
Then beauty 2 and 3 then funded myself through full time university .... Graduated .. (worked all the time at least 20 hrs a week)

Now I've landed a fab job in a wonderful spa!!

I know I'm good at what u do.........my full diary tells me that.......

That's why it really annoys me when you see threads from newbies asking about funding or feeling sorry for themselves if they have to pay a few quid here an there.... You WILL NOT get anywere in life if you don't go and get it and expect it all to get given too you...... I know coz I WAS like that.... It got me know were !! Getting off my ass
Working it off got me where I am!!! Lol

Went a bit off subject then lol

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Oh an my next goal.... Certificate in education so I can teach all the wonderful things I've learnt along the way!!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

My opinion:

My self-belief goes up and down like a pair of whore's drawers...

I started off in the nail industry so hopeful and full of enthusiasm and anticipation, then I got real down after 1st client went wrong, then I was totally enjoying it, then I got nervous because it took ages to build up regular clients, then I got all excited again through training in Beauty, then I felt out of my depth when I came on here, then I loved Beauty but felt depressed as a couple of people on my level 2 made the course Hell for all of us then I moved to Chester and felt so down, down, down...

Now in the space of just under a month, my networking and working life has completely took off and I am so happy and enthusistic again.

I believe in ME but I fear failure, though I also believe that if you waited for the right time for everything, you'd never get anywhere so I try to tell the "fear of failure monster" to shove it.

I have a great partner that believes in me too and takes a genuine interest and some great mates that rave about treatments they'd had off me and hearing the positivity come from genuine sources is enough to make me start singing from rooftops.

Life really is what you make it... but having extra cash helps so realistically some goals for some folk aren't always quickly achievable but they are achievable. It's all about patience... and striking while the iron is hot.

H x

I have always believed I can have anything I want, I have never doubted myself.

Mind you, I never had to factor someone else into the equation. My poor Allan is very good natured when I've come home and confessed to buying another property. He just digs out his overalls with a sigh.

I have always believed I can have anything I want, I have never doubted myself.

Mind you, I never had to factor someone else into the equation. My poor Allan is very good natured when I've come home and confessed to buying another property. He just digs out his overalls with a sigh.

:lol: That's what lads are for..!

Mind you, I never had to factor someone else into the equation.

I like this.

Some of us have different "realities" than others. I'm an oldie. The nail profession is my second career. I retired from a successful profession as a collegiate business manager. This provided me financial freedom.

Though I am married (30 years tomorrow), I, too, don't have to factor someone else into my financial decision making. With this comes a certain empowerment and confidence. It also can either change or reinforce your self-belief.

I was raised that I should not rely on a man financially, to make my own way in life. I've done that. It is empowering. I am a strong and confident woman.

I am today having a wonderful self beleif day!!!

i am going to bypass the driving lessons and apply for my driving test at the weekend!!! i have sold my airbrush equipment and have advertised the ail items I don't use that often since moving ( mainly all my glitter and colour collections ) to fund it and have advertised the X type ( it would be "mine" if I had passed my test ) to pay for a new course and to cover the cost of getting a small runaround and building up my stock!

Go me hehehe xxx

A bookmark that hans at my desk, reads (yes, hangs, so it doesn't get spindled and damaged lol great job as a bookmark LOL)

DON'T QUIT

Don't quit when the tide is lowest
For it's just about to turn;
Don't quit over doubts and questions,
For there's something you may learn.

Don't quit when the night is darkest,
For it's just a while 'til dawn;
Don't quit when you've run the farthest,
For the race is almost won.

Don't quit when the hill is steepest,
For your goal is almost night;
Don't quit, for you're not a failure
Until you fail to try.
- Jill Wolf

For me, that about sums it up
:green:

When I was growing up my dad always told me that there is no such word as can't. He used to say it so much that I actually believed it.
So now i know there is no such word and it has served me well.
Don't ever tell me I can't do something cos I will prove to you that I can. :lol:

Latest posts

Back