TPTW - The best advice you've ever been given?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayleysspraytan

Reaction score
Ok so Ive just finished my Brisa gel course today, and needless to say loved it! After the course we were asked to fill out a feedback form, one of the questions being where did you hear about the course...

The answer of course salon geek!

Without this site I would have been on goodness knows what training and then after picking up bad habits years down the line probably end up where I did today!!!

This lead me to thinking the advice I got from this site with CND education recommendations has proved invaluable

.... so whats the best piece of advice youve ever been given and can you pass it on!!!:Love:

Ok so Ive just finished my Brisa gel course today, and needless to say loved it! After the course we were asked to fill out a feedback form, one of the questions being where did you hear about the course...

The answer of course salon geek!

Without this site I would have been on goodness knows what training and then after picking up bad habits years down the line probably end up where I did today!!!

This lead me to thinking the advice I got from this site with CND education recommendations has proved invaluable

.... so whats the best piece of advice youve ever been given and can you pass
it on!!!:Love:
To buy geegs book and I did fantastic x

Great thread :D
(I'm going to edit the title to add TPTW, thought provoking thread of the week, as it deserves to be noticed!)

The best advice I've ever been given... hmm, there's more than one bit of advice, but the two that stand out the most to me came from the same person, Gigi, aka Geeg. I was fortunate enough (and still am) to have Gigi as my friend/mentor/educator (in that order)!

1. Perfect practise makes perfect, ie, practise doesn't make perfect unless you're doing it right in the first place!

2. "That will not do Mrs" :wink2: that refers to my L+P training. I was finishing off my first ever full set of L+Ps and was on to the last thumb. There was a tiny bit more finish buffing needed and I made the mistake of saying "that'll do" and was very quickly shown the light LOL... perfection is not going to happen by us being lax in our attitude. That goes for more than just finishing enhancements but in all forms of our businesses/careers.

Best piece of advice was to listen and be patient. I have the first one down pat but being an over excitable 30 year old lol i have to work at the second. To be honest I've learnt both these things more so than ever from here. From the search facility to new threads to blogs, I've learnt that i need to take each step as it comes, learn by example and don't walk before i can run. So far this year its stood me in good stead and business is picking up nicely :)

Work smarter not harder.

This was the best advice given to me ever. Yes it is sometimes required to work ones arse off at times but it should never be the end goal to be having to run yourself ragged just to make ends meet.

By keeping your pricing decent, your costs down, being creative and yourself organised you can make more and do less :lol:

Last edited:
Great thread :D
(I'm going to edit the title to add TPTW, thought provoking thread of the week, as it deserves to be noticed!)

The best advice I've ever been given... hmm, there's more than one bit of advice, but the two that stand out the most to me came from the same person, Gigi, aka Geeg. I was fortunate enough (and still am) to have Gigi as my friend/mentor/educator (in that order)!

1. Perfect practise makes perfect, ie, practise doesn't make perfect unless you're doing it right in the first place!

2. "That will not do Mrs" :wink2: that refers to my L+P training. I was finishing off my first ever full set of L+Ps and was on to the last thumb. There was a tiny bit more finish buffing needed and I made the mistake of saying "that'll do" and was very quickly shown the light LOL... perfection is not going to happen by us being lax in our attitude. That goes for more than just finishing enhancements but in all forms of our businesses/careers.

Absolutely fabulous advice!! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the TPTW status :Love: ...would be interesting to find out what the best piece of advice Geeg has ever been given!???

Fab advise girls ... any more out there?? Or could we rephrase it ... if you could do it again would you do anything differently!?

Last edited:
Best piece of advice I have ever been given "assumption is the route of all c*ck ups"

Which is very, very true.

Best piece of advice I've ever been given?

"Just shut up and do it."

Second best piece of advice...

"Quit being a whiney b*tch."

Best piece of advice I've ever been given?

"Just shut up and do it."

Second best piece of advice...

"Quit being a whiney b*tch."

Third best bit of advice:
NEVER say either of above to Tammie:eek:

To buy geegs book and I did fantastic x

I was looking at this today...is it step by step basics or troubleshooting, is it apropriate for a begginer or more advanced?

'Be passionate about what you do and you will do it well'
and
'Work smarter not harder' (same as Skymark's)

Last edited:
.... so whats the best piece of advice youve ever been given and can you pass it on!!!:Love:

"Raise your prices!"

But I'll lose clients!

"Those are the clients you don't want anyway. Bargain hunters take up 90 percent of your time for 10 percent of your income."

Love it!!Any more geeks anything that's really influenced you in your career?

Latest posts

Back