Track & Trace advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the close contact guide that has been recently issued this is a requirement for every business to display it from the 24th September. It's really simple to generate a qr code poster plus they even have a privacy notice in the appendix for gdpr. Its a check in port of call for those that use a smartphone. in sideline to this it is recommended to still have whatever system digital or paperless for those that do not have it. But this poster is a must as it was required from law when the new legislation came in, please ensure you have it ready as you do not want to get fined £1000 for failure to comply. here are some helpful links; from the gov & The national hair and beauty federation-great info on the action cards if you were not aware of protocols of a outbreak. hths xoxo

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/maintai...nd-trace#displaying-an-official-nhs-qr-poster
https://www.nhbf.co.uk/news-and-blogs/blog/back-to-business-with-the-nhbf-test-and-trace-faqs/

I've re-read these again, last time ther was no 'must' or 'required' wording - now there's a 'must' so we're all going to need one even if it's never used.

I've applied for mine, email containing link to my poster received...link doesn't work! Goes to a 'hmmmm, this page appears to be missing or a broken link'. There are no details about what to do in the Help section, and the phone line only manned 9-6.
I refer to my previous statement, Test & Trace is a shower of $&! £ 😆

I've re-read these again, last time ther was no 'must' or 'required' wording - now there's a 'must' so we're all going to need one even if it's never used.

I've applied for mine, email containing link to my poster received...link doesn't work! Goes to a 'hmmmm, this page appears to be missing or a broken link'. There are no details about what to do in the Help section, and the phone line only manned 9-6.
I refer to my previous statement, Test & Trace is a shower of $&! £ 😆
The app is going live on Thursday 24th September thats why the link isn't working yet. I did the same thing lol Thats one of the reasons why everyone must have it displayed from 24th! xoxo

They have a do's and dont on the pdf copy in the bottom of your email. It says to not laminate or use glossy paper. I thought about doing the same thing but i think it changes the qr code ever so slightly! hths xoxo
Thanks for letting me know, I must learn to read instructions!!!

I am the same working from a home with a dedicated treatment room. I will print out the poster but I will still be using my own Covid forms, as allot of my clients are elderly and dont know how to answer their phone let alone have an app on it, or its so basic they may not have apps for their types of phones.

I would test the poster out under the laminate before you seal it in.

Today I have been feeling very anxious and worrying about business as it seems to have gone quiet yet again.
I have had one client today call as she said she is just too worried about coming in for anymore treatments at the moment due to her age, I have tried re assuring her as she has been in three times since re opening, so she knows what procedures I have put in place.

I will be calling her later on this evening to see if she would want me to shorten the treatment as maybe then that will help?

Doesn't help more mums at home have done cheap online courses and now started up working as a beauty therapist, under cutting my prices.

I use good quality products like O.P.I, Germaine de Capuccini skin care.

I am trying to remain positive and will be watching the news at 8pm tonight.
Hopefully this time we won't be told to close, as financially I will not be able to survive.
Any tips on how to try and entice more people in especially for facials as that has gone dead, I have done a September and October special express facial for only £25.00
Unfortunately I can't do massage at the moment due to frozen shoulder operation few weeks ago.

Hope you are all safe and well Julia xx
Hi Julia, I think so many of us are in the same position. I re-opened last week of July and it was busy right through August. September has been reasonably good, not as good as it should be but good considering the current climate. October looks very very quiet, even quieter than when I first opened! First two weeks I only have 1 client booked in which is unheard of. I'm trying not to worry which is easier said than done. I'm going to make a list of clients to send a message to and hopefully a few will book in. I absolutely hate leafleting but I think I am going to have to just make myself get on with it! I offer massage and facials, I've noticed that some clients are not bothering to have their nails or lashes done as they aren't going out. I think quite a few places are quiet after the initial rush so I hope you don't feel alone. Stay positive and I hope your operation recovery is quick x

My QR code states the name of my salon in small writing under the code. I am a home based salon.
When you put your details in for the code it asks for your name, business name and your business address so I think the QR code will be very specific to your clients entering your treatment area.

I'm assuming to know that level of detail, you've got yours?

The app is going live on Thursday 24th September thats why the link isn't working yet. I did the same thing lol Thats one of the reasons why everyone must have it displayed from 24th! xoxo

CFBS above has at very least seen theirs as knows the salon name is detailed below the code

I'm assuming to know that level of detail, you've got yours?

CFBS above has at very least seen theirs as knows the salon name is detailed below the code
I did mine on Monday, printed loads off, scanned it thinking it work straightaway- it didn't because i obviously didn't read the fine print of it being launched on Thursday the 24th September 2020. My qr code has my salon address on it at the bottom, its a4 in size and read the do's and donts.

Just a gentle note to everyone the close contact guidance is now considered a legal requirement. So the most up to date close contact guide i have is from the 18th September where this new guidance was given.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/close-contact-services
https://www.nhbf.co.uk/news-and-blo...th-the-nhbf-government-guidelines-for-salons/

Hi,
It is my understanding that all businesses are required to display a QR code from Thursday 24th Sep but it is down the the client as to whether or not they decide to use the app and check-in. I applied for mine this morning and it takes minutes to get the code Create a coronavirus NHS QR code for your venue. I'll display my code at the entrance for those that wish to check in with the app, although, I keep a manual record as well as part of the consultation process anyway :)

Not sure if anyone can advice but I’m a mobile therapists so I go to my clients home so will I have to get the QR code as I’m not sure how that would work😅

But I keep a record of all of my clients details on the booking app I have when booking them in 😃

Many Thanks for any help in advance 😃

I've done two applications now both return broken links - still a shower of 💩 🤪

Not sure if anyone can advice but I’m a mobile therapists so I go to my clients home so will I have to get the QR code as I’m not sure how that would work😅

But I keep a record of all of my clients details on the booking app I have when booking them in 😃

As far as I am aware it is only salons that are required to do so, freelancers and mobile don’t have to do it as it’s on the venue not the person (I think)

Mobile therapists don’t need to use the QR Code, as long as taking details on computer or paper 😁

Latest posts

Back