Trade test at high-end spa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly_Haze

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I know how to present myself in trade tests but I’m thinking that for a spa job when I’m going to need to do a back massage I should probably have my nails bare? My nails look perfect at the moment but since they have gels on in a dark colour I’m thinking I should take them off. Would you agree?

Yes. I would.
I worked for Old Course Hotel Golf Resort and Spa in Stock Andrews many moons ago.
Trade test usually consists of a dark file and polish, back neck and shoulder and half leg wax. Where are you going to?

Thanks for your advice - I got the job

As an ex spa director and current owner I have always been quite traditional in what I hope to see in a spa therapist's appearance. Clothing should be either a uniform or suit, hair should be clean and worn above the collar if long, nails should be short with the free edge not visible above the finger tip and if polish is worn it should be a nude shade and not chipped, make-up should be worn but not too heavy and no overpowering perfumes or body sprays worn. Always carry a pristine copy of you C.V. with you.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!.

Good grief, I genuinely did not see that post!, My complete refusal to accept my eyesight is ruined and wear my reading glasses is clearly not helping! Sorry Dolly Haze and good luck in your new job.

Latest posts

Back