Trade test for a salon position

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrubadub

Reaction score
Hi all

I have been invited to trade test for a salon position! I have never worked in a salon before and am a bit nervous about this.

I have been asked to do a gel application, full leg wax, pedicure and eyebrow wax and tint.

I am confident with doing all those things as I did them in my course but will I be expected to organise when to put the wax pot on and what order to do the treatments or will this be done for me?

I’m worried that I don’t know where anything is etc to do the treatments!

I wouldn't worry about that too much, Congrats for getting your trade test and good luck!!

Ask where things are, they are not going to expect you to know the ins and outs of the salon :)

It will vary between salons. I tend to set the basics up and then give the person being tested a few minutes to familiarise themselves with things. If you can’t see something you will need, ask. Make sure you know where everything is that you will need and show initiative by asking for it if it isn’t there. If it’s products you’ve not used before, ask about them before you start to be sure you know what to do, don’t try and blag it and end up getting it wrong. Have in your mind the order in which you’d perform the treatments, but if they ask for them in a different order that’s ok, at least you’ll be prepared.

Thanks guys! I’m just really nervous, luckily I managed to get 2 ‘models’ who I’ve worked on before to come in so it’s not like totally unknown territory for my test. I am gonna get there like 15-20 mins early to make sure I have everything I need etc :)

So I just got offered my first salon job, I am so excited!

It isn’t quite full time but hopefully once I have some experience etc I can increase my hours.

Thanks to all who commented on my trade test posts with advice :)

[moderator note: merged threads]

Latest posts

Back