Trade test, have I fluffed it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazzle_g

Reaction score
so had my very first trade test today, I'm due to qualify in a month and want to secure a job for when finish. I'm a mature student at 31 and done a 9mth intense course in Dubai.

Anyway to cut a long story short, and how I did it I have no idea why but I used majirel but with 6 vol not 6%, a mistake I knew I'd make, the hair turned out fine and it was only later I realised my mistake, the salon mgr there asked me why I'd done it, and genuinely believing it I said for a brighter red but lower peroxide and thats what I'd done previously with my tutor. now I feel a doughnut realising my error I was just so nervous and 10 mins earlier had her telling me 9 months is too quick and that in australia they do 4 years training blah blah.

she cross checked my cut too and it wasnt perfect but then it was long layers and didnt want them exactly symetrical as my clients didnt want lines in her hair.

then my highlight client couldnt come so gotta back there again tomorro to do that and feel even more nervous now!! praying I can redeem myself with that and usually get great feedback on them. just fretting about colour selection.

I dont know whether to admit my mistake or just stay adament. I spoke with my tutor and she said it can be done that way its just not a written rule.

If you feel you fluffed it , its actually a bonus you have to go back tomorrow. Take a deep breath and do better. You have the chance to redeem yourself - not many do.
I wouldnt fess up to be honest, i would just dazzle them with your brilliance tommorrow :D
xxx good luck xxx

Hey there ! Try not to worry too much , in my judgement prospective employers form an all round judgement on you as a person and a professional, bearing in mind this is only my opinion but if I were you I would be honest ( in the most professional way) explain you were very nervous as the trade test means alot to you , explain you recognised your error , and after all you are looking for experience and a job that can facilitate with progression and development , I think if they like you and are understanding enough, they will appreciate your honesty , as I said , just my opinion , it's entirely on your hands !! Good luck !

Latest posts

Back