Trade test, kind of

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dondon90

Reaction score
So I had an interview with a really nice salon today. He seemed very interested in hiring me. I was waiting for him to invite me for a trade test but instead he's invited me to the salon tomorrow because he has a creative director from sassoon doing training with his stylists and he wants me to be there as well.

I thought that was really nice of him to invite me in but I really don't know what to expect?
I expected him to ask me to do a trade test but he asked me to come tomorrow and that he'd have a conversation with me afterwards.

Do you think he's interested?

So I had an interview with a really nice salon today. He seemed very interested in hiring me. I was waiting for him to invite me for a trade test but instead he's invited me to the salon tomorrow because he has a creative director from sassoon doing training with his stylists and he wants me to be there as well.

I thought that was really nice of him to invite me in but I really don't know what to expect?
I expected him to ask me to do a trade test but he asked me to come tomorrow and that he'd have a conversation with me afterwards.

Do you think he's interested?

My guess is, you've already got the job! ;)

I agree with the sentiments above, but you can be sure that the trainning is an extended interview.

In what way though? What could he gain from me doing training with him and his staff. Surely he'd have a better idea of my ability of i done a trade test?

How someone responds to a training situation can be very enlightening for a perspective employer. Be yourself, enjoy the training, be engaged, ask questions.

Sounds like you've impressed him so far. :)

Maybe he wants to find out what sort of a team player you are?
Do you know what the training is for - cutting, colour?

Whatever his motives, be yourself and stay attentive and enthusiastic during the training. Let us know how it goes.

Not everywhere trade tests believe it or not. My last 2 jobs never did x

Not everywhere trade tests believe it or not. My last 2 jobs never did x

Oooh I'm excited/nervous! The training is colour so I'll see how it goes and let you all know

It sounds like you must have impressed them so far as they wouldn't invite you in for staff training if they weren't interested in you as it would be of no benefit to them and they don't want you to miss out on a training opportunity in products they use. As previous posters have said, it is an opportunity for them to see how you interact with the rest of the team and they will also be able to gauge a bit about your knowledge from how you participate. Good luck, I'm sure you will have a new job by the end of the week!

It’s really obvious isn’t it? I mean you should get ready as the job is all yours now. It feel really amazing when we are able to do such a high class work that impress people so much that we get hired straight away. I was slightly unlucky that I was not given any chance on my first 2 interview but then recently I have got a call up now even I am hoping a lot. Best of Luck to you.

Brilliant news! Well done you. :D:p

Congratulations!

So, tell us about your training. Did you enjoy it? What did you do?

Congratulations :)

So, tell us about your training. Did you enjoy it? What did you do?
Yeah it was really good.
It was sassoons new umbra collection and I just threw myself into it and got on with everyone! Hope it all goes well! I've been messed around so much by previous employers!

I got the job! Whooooo!!

Congrats dear… As I told you or should I say we all told you… it was your job the way things happened and I hope you continue to impress with your work. I have also started my own training but I am bit too new and struggling at the moment especially since I am training for hair styling, I wish to get command over it and like you I am really hoping to impress them!

Latest posts

Back