Trade test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelardn

Reaction score
I'm going for a trade test for a self employed position in a salon. Can anyone give me some hints and tips?

Be confident in your skills and friendly & chatty like you will be with your clients. Wear uniform too :)

Should I do tip and overlay or sculpt? Or will she tell me what she wants? I'm so nervous :(

Relax, you will be fine! :)
I've not done a trade test before so unfortunately can't help you too much but if you come across as confident and friendly with a comfortable personality then that will always show above anything else!
Good luck xxxx

Relax? I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof lol xx

Be prepared to do both but ask exactly what she wants before you start. I've not done a trade test but I've recently opened a salon and I know how I'd expect a girl to act on a trade test. I would want to receive the same service a client would so i can judge the type of service you'd be giving to them. Confirm what she would like and then go ahead and do the treatment just as you would a client :)

Ok really stupid question, my nails! Natural/french or something really showing what I can do?

Whatever you do make sure it's classy! Or perhaps all French with complementary nail art on ring fingers? Don't worry honey just be yourself! Xx

Is it the salon owner you will be doing the trade test on? If so then I think she will probably tell you what she wants.
If I was trade testing for a nail tech I would like to see one hand sculpts and one tip and overlay. hth:biggrin:

Yes it's the salon owner. She wants to see my acrylics and gel polish skills as this is what is requested most in the salon :)

Annmarie has a good point. Perhaps you could suggest this to her!? I'd be impressed with your enthusiasm to show what you can do. I also agree with previous post about a classic French and bow on the ring finger :)

Sorry to bud in but I have a nail technician coming in for a trades test to rent a table in my salon. She will be doing gel and resin. What should I ask of her?? I'm totally lost :( should I ask one hand resin one hand gel. Or some tips and some sculpt on the gel hand? If she doesn't sculpt is this big deal??

Latest posts

Back