Traffic light highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helenback

Reaction score
hi geeks, today i was asked for something i have never heard of, traffic light highlights a clients friend had done and my client wanted same? she said it was a bleach highlight for one colour then two other tinted blondes with one being purple and the other green? she said it was to enhance the blonde but im stumped!!

Haha sounds umm interesting...

The only explanation I could come to is the the green and purple are ash based colours as opposed to actual green and purple, but if I'm wrong please get a photo!!

Matrix and affinage do a lift and tone system which you add pigments to, can't remember the names.... Could be one if those ;)

thats what i thought as she said they were still blonde colours, supposed to make the over all effect lighter but the pic just looked bleach blonde to me!

i also thought it could be the matrix pigments but she def said was tints

Affinage spectrum or matrix colour graphics ;)

i also thought it could be the matrix pigments but she def said was tints

The client or stylist? Stylist say all sorts.... I had a client who insisted she never had bleach on her hair... Well I know bleach... She told me the second time to do as I thought... She now knows she was having bleach all that time...

Clients don't need to know what's in their hair, they only need to know the results will be what they asked for.
Could it not have just been coloured foil? X

Clients don't need to know what's in their hair, they only need to know the results will be what they asked for.
Could it not have just been coloured foil? X

I think that's a possibility I get asked all the time what the different colour foils are for :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

I think that's a possibility I get asked all the time what the different colour foils are for :-D

I remember the coloured foils and them questions. I just fold a corner in now to know which are which colour depending on where in the bowl the colour came from, stops all the questions. X

I know I don't mind, I have a foil trolley it holds 4 rolls so might as well get the good of it :-D

I know I don't mind, I have a foil trolley it holds 4 rolls so might as well get the good of it :-D

I'd love one but I love my bowl with four compartments too much to have to switch to four individual bowls. X

I'd love one but I love my bowl with four compartments too much to have to switch to four individual bowls. X

If never had one but must be so handy when short on space :-D

If never had one but must be so handy when short on space :-D

Very, it's about the size of 2 bowls but deeper. Great when your using 4 or more colours for space saving x

Very, it's about the size of 2 bowls but deeper. Great when your using 4 or more colours for space saving x

Where did you get this I need one lol

I'm guessing its like a wella 3d effect that she wants?! Using different blondes from the same family to create multiple tone instead of a flat blonde x clients have the most amusing descriptions
"green & purple" love this x

@oakley academy, please can you elaborate for me, she seems to think that it makes the overall result lighter? currently i use bleach on her and she is a base 6. thanks

Hi Helen it won't make the colour lighter but may create the illusion of lighter pieces if some are an ash tome compared to a golden tone, the 3d colouring is where you would take for eg: 6/07 7/07 8/07 and complete a full head of foils Giving you a more natural light reflecting look, you could use some blondes with along with the bleach depending on natural depth highlifts

Latest posts

Back