Trained but questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLB

Reaction score
I trained yesterday with nouvatan. We were discussing clients with boobs she said not to ask them to lift there boobs up and leave them to do it on their own accord and if they don't they don't. Anyway i have big boobs so thought id see what happened with out lifting them obviously I have horrendous white areas under the boobs. I wouldn't b happy if that happened so wondering what other tanners say to their clients.

Gutted I can't use my machine and need to send it back tomoro the plug has broken one of the prongs was missing it's been damaged in transit at the manufacturers. So it's setme back but I guess it's one of those things.

Haha my tent basically KO'd me yesterday itwas like wrestling, it looks,ike the tardis!! it's sooooo stiff and tricky to get it down!! Will this get easier?

Haha my tent basically KO'd me yesterday itwas like wrestling, it looks,ike the tardis!! it's sooooo stiff and tricky to get it down!! Will this get easier?

argh! i feelmyour pain lol took me foreverrrrrr to put mine down lol I suggest you putnit up n down over n over again untill you get the hang of it. Ive got a client tomorrow and im not looking forward to that fiasco at the end :Scared:

Hi missLB, if they are not too big they can lean backwards which lifts them slightly, or as you said ask them to lift them. there's definatley a knack to putting it down, try watching on utube and doing it step by step, mine has always been ok and not too stiff! But I do find when it pops up it could knock you for six! X

Dawn has recently posted a clip of her putting down the tent on the Nouvatan facebook page.. :)

Therapists absolutely must ask their clients to lift their boobs!!!

It is not acceptable to suggest it is up to the client to do it or not - you are the professional.

When the client puts her bikini top or bra on and has two white marks underneath where her boobs were left unsupported she is justifiably going to be unhappy.

And the therapist will have to suck it up when the client calls the next day and complains about it.

Peace and respect xx

I had my first client with very large boobs and I asked her to lift them, but wasn't really sure how to go about it.
So I sprayed under her boobs before I done anything! When I say under boobs, I mean the top of her tummy that her boobs would have been sitting on!
I wasn't quite sure about how to do the actual under side of her boobs as, she had nowhere to hold them up to be able to spray under without covering her hands. So all I done was sprayed the bit at the top of the tummy and dried and got her to let go. This was because I was thinking she would get some colour off the top of her tummy under the boobs! She has said her tan is fab and he has already recommended me, so it must be fine, however, just wondering how you all deal with large boobs.

P.S. she also had barrier cream on her hands so couldn't use her palms to do anything! Was using the back of her hands for lifting! Lol

thanks for the replies, well i thought that when she said not to say anything i was like well i wouldnt b happy if i was goin on holiday and had boob shaped white patches! so i thought it was daft. ill do that then.

i just really wanted to practice but obviously cant cos the machine.

i got the knack of it and it seems to b getting easier now but im not trying it today with this hangover the tent will deff win!

If my clients have big boobs I ask them if they want to lift them and show them how, I do it with my forearms so they don't get tan on their hands. Xx

I get ladies with larger boobs to raise thier arms (tell them to try to touch the ceiling) this lifts the boobs up. They could then lean back a little too if their boobs are still touching the torso but I've never needed to ask anyone to lean back (YET :wink2:).

This move allows me to aim my gun up into the gap created between the boobs and the torso and spray. I sort of spray one swipe in a w shape from side to side so I spray the side & underneath of the boobs up into the centre of the boobs and repeat on the other side and the skin on the torso and the underside of boobs are done. I take the gun off and dry the area before allowing the client to lower their arms and continue to spray them as normal.

As for the tent it really is a case of practice, practice, practice and try to ensure you have enough room to open it (as they do like to just pop open no matter how hard you try to control them lol).

Do you mean you hold the client's boobs up with your forearm?

I am not being disrespectful to your method, just putting forward my feeling on that .. I wouldn't feel happy as a client if the therapist touched me at all during a tanning treatment.

Very strange because when I am doing hollywood waxing, my hands are all over the client's most intimate of places.

And I would accept that myself if I was having this type of waxing.

Not very logical I agree :biggrin:

xx

Do you mean you hold the client's boobs up with your forearm?

I am not being disrespectful to your method, just putting forward my feeling on that .. I wouldn't feel happy as a client if the therapist touched me at all during a tanning treatment.

Very strange because when I am doing hollywood waxing, my hands are all over the client's most intimate of places.

And I would accept that myself if I was having this type of waxing.

Not very logical I agree :biggrin:

xx
I think she means she shows them with her forearm on her boob how to raise thier boob with their forearm :wink2:

I also get the client to raise their arms in the air and this has always worked for me.
I think its also abit better if the client is a little shy, rather than getting her to lift her boobs with her hands lol if this makes sense : ) x

I have big boobs and after first spray tan I was left with white marks which looked awful. I didn't know to lift boobs. When I was trained I was told to liftboobs or lift arms to the ceiling if boobs aren't that big. I spray underneath and then dry off I get them to use their forearms if possible x

If holding arms up and leaning back doesn't work (and it doesn't with some of my ladies), then I use a disposable bra to make a 'hammock' and ask client to hold them up. Keeps hands out of the way of the spray and also stops them having to touch thier skin with barrier cream on. If you don't have disposable bras, any thin strip of cotton/gauze/towelling will do.

I think she means she shows them with her forearm on her boob how to raise thier boob with their forearm :wink2:

Doh :smack: smack me round the head Baggy :biggrin: x

hiya! iv always been asked to lift my boobs when getting spray tanned! as a client it doesnt bother me (and im quite shy and not body confident!) i see it as professional that the therapist doesnt want to leave me with white bits. my boobs defo need lifted tho lol 34GGs on a size 14 frame no amount of leaning back or raising arms would lift them!
xxx

Just getting my client to put her arms up in the air wasn't enough, which is why I had asked her to lift! Will try and get her to do it with her forearm next time! :)

thanks for the advice guys! x

I had a spray tan where I wasn't asked to lift my boobs (this is before I did my training!) and when I got home I was really disappointed to the point that I got in the shower and managed to remove most of the tan (total waste of time).

I think that asking the client to lift their boobs rather than raise their arms feels more comfortable in terms of modesty...that's just my opinion but I can see the merits of both methods here :)

I. Wouldn't worry to much about asking if I was you, I agree with what another of the girls said your professional, and a professional spray tab is being left with unsightly white marks. I ask my clients do lean forward for smile lines under bottom too. X

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back