Trainee hair extensionist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoungBeezy

Reaction score
I have my own hair extension salon and I’m currently training a girl up myself in micro ring hair extensions. I will be employing her eventually and she’s also a fully qualified hair dresser.

Does she legally need a certificate to perform on clients? If so I will have to send her on an external course. But if u don’t need too it will save on doing so as I’ve taught her my way anyways.

Thank you.

Maybe enquire with your insurance

I have my own hair extension salon and I’m currently training a girl up myself in micro ring hair extensions. I will be employing her eventually and she’s also a fully qualified hair dresser.

Does she legally need a certificate to perform on clients? If so I will have to send her on an external course. But if u don’t need too it will save on doing so as I’ve taught her my way anyways.

Thank you.
It will depend on your clients request, if your clients don't care about the certificate, then you don't need to an external course,
but if some clients care about that, you need to an external course, I think the better way is to have a certificate,
when you have the certificate, clients will trust you, you will get more and more business, if you don't have a certificate, clients will not trust you,
and you will lose some business, hope this can help you,

Does she legally need a certificate to perform on clients? If so I will have to send her on an external course.

I’m assuming she didn’t do extensions on her course? (Some colleges offer extensions training on level 3)

You’re probably covered when you are supervising her but if she is expecting to work unsupervised, she needs to be qualified in whatever method you use.

It’s no different to say, offering perming or relaxing treatments if you haven’t completed a perming unit on your hairdressing training course.

As always, check with your insurer as they do vary.

It will depend on your clients request, if your clients don't care about the certificate, then you don't need to an external course,
but if some clients care about that, you need to an external course, I think the better way is to have a certificate,
when you have the certificate, clients will trust you, you will get more and more business, if you don't have a certificate, clients will not trust you,
and you will lose some business, hope this can help you,

Please don’t give incorrect advice when it involves UK law and public liability insurance requirements.

Latest posts

Back