Trainee having trouble with nails not staying on for long

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christa-amy

Reaction score
Hi,
I am currently doing my nvq lvl2 nail tech course which is nearly completed afterwards I would like to start on paying clients however my nails I'm doing at the moment don't seem to be lasting very long on my clients maximum of a week and a half to 2 weeks (all off my clients are in jobs that are physical and hard work) the products that I got in my college kit are NSI I just wanted some advice on better products or what it is I could be doing wrong for them not staying on so long.
Thanks in advance.

Hi ,

You don't say if you are using gel or L & P but as you have not yet finished your training although we can guide you this really is something you should be asking your tutor as that is what she is there for .

There could be 100 and 1 things you are doing wrong and and this stage more likely to be your application than the products . NSI is a good brand

You need to break it down when you say they are 'not lasting '

Are they breaking and if so where .? Are you using a builder gel and if so is your stress areas built up correctly ? Are they lifting , if so where ?

Is your nail prep 100% correct , do you have the correct lamp for the products ( if gel ) and when was the last time you changed your bulbs ect ect . Try and self critise your application and see if you can work out if there are areas you need to improve on . It is natural for this to be a learning curve at the beginning and as long as you can take an objective look at your work and work out what or where it is you are going wrong then you will get better

x

Last edited:
Hi,
I am currently doing my nvq lvl2 nail tech course which is nearly completed afterwards I would like to start on paying clients however my nails I'm doing at the moment don't seem to be lasting very long on my clients maximum of a week and a half to 2 weeks (all off my clients are in jobs that are physical and hard work) the products that I got in my college kit are NSI I just wanted some advice on better products or what it is I could be doing wrong for them not staying on so long.
Thanks in advance.
Can you list what your doing from start to finish and possible photos of your work, this will help more people be able to give you advice

Latest posts

Back