Trainee nail tech, North Wales

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudnogirl

Nailspirations Llandudno
Reaction score
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me...

I'm desperate to get into nails but I'm in a catch 22 situation.

I've bought courses from essential nails inc manicure & pedicure, acrylic, gel, gel polish and nail art.

I work part time 25-30 per week in retail but not on a set rota. So I'm struggling to do both.

I need to get into a salon for experience and so I can concentrate on nails only.

I love everything to do with nails and I am so passionate about it. It's my dream job.

Anybody know of anyone taking on? Or any advice where I can go from here?

I can't offer a home salon situation as landlord has said no.

I can start asap and willing to travel, I'm based in Llandudno.

Nat x

Hi lovely.
I'm from Llandudno but recently moved so am in the same situation with looking for a salon.
What I have done is look on fb for all the salons in the area and see if they are advertising for a nail tech. If you can't see any ads, just call the salons and ask if they would be interested in renting you a space or are considering taking on in the near future.
Try the subbed shops, hairdressers and beauty salons. I think fifty shades subbed shop on reform street were looking to extend the business upstairs so maybe she will be introducing nails?
Also do the same for jct, conwy and Deganwy. They all have hairdressers and salons. X

Thanks huni that really does help. I'm considering doing a day course (i.e. North wales nails and beauty - perfect 10 on Madoc street) so at least I can offer gel to get the pennies start rolling in. I just need that right break. I have been offered a table but I not convinced it's right for me. Have you moved far?

Why do you think it won't be right for you? If you are trying to build clients, see if you can initially work on a commission basis and review it every month.
Is the one day course for gel polish?
Just practice as much as you can once you have done it and if you do start at a salon, just make people aware that you are recently qualified [emoji4]
I have moved to the Wirral so a good hour away now.

Pmd you Hun x

Latest posts

Back