Trainee needs help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dionne1

Reaction score
I can't get my l&P nails looking clear almost glass like, i have seen these glassy nails on people and feel sad as i can't get the same effect. I'm using NSI products and do have clear tips and the powder is clear and i do buff, as for filing do i start with a high grit than go low? or start low than go high? I'm at college one day a week i wish it was more, Thank you

where are you training

It is all about getting the surface as smooth as possible befoe you even use you glosser/buffer to finish.
The lower the grit on an abrasive/file the rougher it is....the higher the grit the finer it is.

So work your way up say from a 180 grit to a 240 then once you are happy you have a smooth surface with no imperfections, then use a 3 way shiner or a glosser, whatever your system provides.

A little bit of elbow grease when buffing helps too....as long as you make sure you do not buff on the one spot for too long and you cover the whole nail. HTH

I can't get my l&P nails looking clear almost glass like, i have seen these glassy nails on people and feel sad as i can't get the same effect. I'm using NSI products and do have clear tips and the powder is clear and i do buff, as for filing do i start with a high grit than go low? or start low than go high? I'm at college one day a week i wish it was more, Thank you

Hi there, stop worrying , Try this . Start with the low if you applied the right amount of product use a zebra 180 then a soft buffer block to get rid of those scratches with some cuticle oil, and a two way shiner file its not the pressure you put on a nail its the speed of the shiner file that makes a huge difference. Keep in mind that for a beautiful high glossy shine you must remove all scratches with your buffer block and cuticle oil.Good luck!

whilst you can achieve this effect by buffing some of the nails that you see may have had a product used such as nsi glaze 'n' go which is like a gel topcoat.you apply it like a nail varnish and cure under the uv light and you're done as there is no dispersion/tacky layer to wipe off.its a great product as it also seals and protects the enhanement.i also use nsi products as i too trained with them at college and i love them.hths

Redbridge collge

Thank you all gonna try your advice then see which one works best for me

I do have that product glaze 'n' go but i don't have a uv light.

I do have that product glaze 'n' go but i don't have a uv light.
thats a shame as im sure you would love the result.maybe a future investment?

Latest posts

Back