Trainer hand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ella

Reaction score
I have a trainer hand (aka Gladys) & I keep having problems with sticking on tips. They just won't stick very well. Thank god this bit is easier on real people, but sometimes I need to try out new things on Gladys and this is driving me nuts - any suggestions? :huh:

hi there....are you using the special nail trainer glue?..............its a special glue just for the training hand as ordinary nail glue takes too long to set as the training hand does not give off any heat to help set the glue

hope that helps

stanleyann

Right love,
You don't need a special resin.........
prep the nail like you would a normal nail, then use resin and rock the tip on, just like in real life..............
I found gelbond works very well to...............

love Ruth xxxx

When I mean prep, I mean take the shine of the plastic pretend nail plate.................
love Ruth xxxx

sorry couldn't find the edit button , hence the new post

thanks both of you. I will try both of those ideas.

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Right love,
You don't need a special resin.........
prep the nail like you would a normal nail, then use resin and rock the tip on, just like in real life..............
I found gelbond works very well to...............

love Ruth xxxx

:oops: sorry if i gave wrong info there, i just know that the glue designed for the training hand worked perfect for me but my star nails stuff didnt :( and the reason i was given was because of the lack of heat.

stanleyann

HMM :D
A good high quality resin will work very well, not all resins are of the same quality..... 8) .........

Maybe the heat issue will come into the speed of the setting time, but as adhesion quality I am not so sure..... :oops: ............

Because I use my EC resin on broken cup handles and they are not emitting any body heat, but stick very well.............I just need 2 well prepared surfaces.. :?: ......
So that explanation doesn't quite ring true.. :?: .......
But it will sell the nail trainer glue !!! :twisted: !!!!!

But I will sit or stand corrected :shock: if any one has information otherwise
love Ruth xxxxxx

lol....i know what you mean about companies saying anything just to sell their products...been there and bought the t-shirt on many occasions :x

as you say, every glue or resin is different so i'm sure that there must be a few different types for to suit the nail trainer but after trying my star nail stuff i just stuck (no pun intended :D ) with the training hand glue as i did not have any probs with it.

it would be interesting to find out if anyone else had any probs with a different product though :)

What everyone is saying is right, partially or otherwise. The real trick to using any adhesive (remember we do not use GLUE in the nail industry) with the nail trainer is to remove the shine as Ruth so rightly says, and then when applying the tip do so firmly and in one motion and HOLD in place with firm pressure for a bit longer than you normally would.

If you move the tip at this stage then you will break the bond and the adhesive will go all sticky and not work (same on a real live person heat or no heat).

The reason students have trouble with applying tips on a nail trainer has more to do with them moving the tip around then the adhesive not being the 'correct one' for the Nail Trainer.

Firm Pressure for the appropriate amount of time is what sets adhesive any movement messes it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back