Trainer training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I'm looking into studying a Level 3 award in Education and Training, and then possibly onto the Accessor Award. I have no idea which company to go with! I've looked at CTC and Sargent Training UK (Beauty Educator) so far. Any recommendations, tips or advice? Thankyou.

Last edited:
I tried with an online company and it was a scam. I couldn’t access the education and I’d had such a nice chat with them beforehand! When I rang up they started giving detailed explanations before they’d taken my details. I never got my money back, I could have gone to the small claims court but it just seemed like too much hassle. (I have successfully used the small claims court before)

The second online company I tried were much better. I had really nice chats with the trainer but I struggled to get through the material and frankly, looking back, I didn’t learn much.

Finally I went to evening classes at my local college. I think it was 14 weeks altogether. With homework it was around 6 hours a week - far more work than I’d expected. But you get out what you put in. I learned loads and discovered ways to make my teaching more accessible. What was particularly good was sitting through all the other learners micro teaching sessions. I learned so much by observing their different teaching methods.

I would definitely encourage you to study in a group rather than on your own for that reason.

I tried with an online company and it was a scam. I couldn’t access the education and I’d had such a nice chat with them beforehand! When I rang up they started giving detailed explanations before they’d taken my details. I never got my money back, I could have gone to the small claims court but it just seemed like too much hassle. (I have successfully used the small claims court before)

The second online company I tried were much better. I had really nice chats with the trainer but I struggled to get through the material and frankly, looking back, I didn’t learn much.

Finally I went to evening classes at my local college. I think it was 14 weeks altogether. With homework it was around 6 hours a week - far more work than I’d expected. But you get out what you put in. I learned loads and discovered ways to make my teaching more accessible. What was particularly good was sitting through all the other learners micro teaching sessions. I learned so much by observing their different teaching methods.

I would definitely encourage you to study in a group rather than on your own for that reason.
Thankyou for replying! The company that was a scam, could you tell me or just confirm it's not one i have mentioned? I would love to go to college, but in light of the times i can't. I want to make good use of my time whilst furloughed. Keep my mind busy!

I haven’t had any dealings with the two companies you mention. However I would comment that if you want to be employed as an educator in the future (as opposed to running your own training business) it is worth considering that where you train usually matters.

I haven’t had any dealings with the two companies you mention. However I would comment that if you want to be employed as an educator in the future (as opposed to running your own training business) it is worth considering that where you train usually matters.
Okay, thankyou for your help. Open to any recommendations!

Well, if you want to work for a college in the future, you might want to have experienced their education and in particular, their train the trainer education. Maybe contact lecturers working there and ask them where/how they trained. If they didn’t train at the college that they worked for, ask them where they trained and whether they’d recommend that training.

If there is a particular business or brand that that you want to work for or with, why don’t you reach out -to the company or individual trainers - and ask them if they recommend any particular train the trainer education course provider.

Ot if you plan on having your own training school, maybe connect to other trainers for schools that you admire, and ask them for recommendations.

in my experience people like to be asked for advice.

Well, if you want to work for a college in the future, you might want to have experienced their education and in particular, their train the trainer education. Maybe contact lecturers working there and ask them where/how they trained. If they didn’t train at the college that they worked for, ask them where they trained and whether they’d recommend that training.

If there is a particular business or brand that that you want to work for or with, why don’t you reach out -to the company or individual trainers - and ask them if they recommend any particular train the trainer education course provider.

Ot if you plan on having your own training school, maybe connect to other trainers for schools that you admire, and ask them for recommendations.

in my experience people like to be asked for advice.
Thankyou!

Latest posts

Back