Training and information to do with nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJD2019

Reaction score
Hi,
I did live in cornwall for 6 months in 2016 and studied beauty therapy level 2 and learned all abput manicures and nails, how to sterilise the equipment correctly, how to do consulations, all about the nails (nail anatomy) or however you spell it, treatment for nail conditions, cuticle work etc but i end up moving back to nottingham 6 months later so didnt finish college so im not qualified.

Im wanting to learn how to do nails mainly acrylics as i still remember how to do manicures etc. But because im a stay at home mum and dont get enough money to straight up pay for a course to become qualified and insured. Once i get al my nails stuff literally getting everything i need, i will be learning using a training hand first anyways until i am confident that ill be able to do it on people. I was just wondering if i would be able to do nails on other people without being qualified and insured and make sure i always state that im basically training would i also be able to charge a small price to do it too just to cover equipment costs etc, but also so i can use money to put towards cost of a course to become fully qualified and insured? As long as im always stating that i am training and do not charge them extreme amounts probs for £10 or something each time i do them on someone????

Hi,
I did live in cornwall for 6 months in 2016 and studied beauty therapy level 2 and learned all abput manicures and nails, how to sterilise the equipment correctly, how to do consulations, all about the nails (nail anatomy) or however you spell it, treatment for nail conditions, cuticle work etc but i end up moving back to nottingham 6 months later so didnt finish college so im not qualified.

Im wanting to learn how to do nails mainly acrylics as i still remember how to do manicures etc. But because im a stay at home mum and dont get enough money to straight up pay for a course to become qualified and insured. Once i get al my nails stuff literally getting everything i need, i will be learning using a training hand first anyways until i am confident that ill be able to do it on people. I was just wondering if i would be able to do nails on other people without being qualified and insured and make sure i always state that im basically training would i also be able to charge a small price to do it too just to cover equipment costs etc, but also so i can use money to put towards cost of a course to become fully qualified and insured? As long as im always stating that i am training and do not charge them extreme amounts probs for £10 or something each time i do them on someone????
In truth, it's not that simple. You will need insurance and for that you will need to show qualifications.

You can get student insurance, but you need to show you are in training by providing details of the course you are on and the training provider.
Also, the course would need to be accredited or recognised by an insurer.

Could you get funding to do your training again?

Whatever you do, don’t practise on anyone without having insurance and a recognised qualification behind you.

You may know what you’re doing but it only takes one person to realise that you’re not properly insured and decide to chance their arm and threaten to sue you. It’s really not worth the stress.

I don't know if this helps, but before I was qualified I just used to practice on my family members. I never charged, but if they wanted a colour/effect I didn't have I used to get them to buy it/contribute. I know this might not help from a financial perspective but it definitely helped me to be able to practice and to build up my collection!

Latest posts

Back