Training course done, what now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FunkyMama

Reaction score
Evening ladies.

So I completed my Belle Academy training course on Monday. I learnt micro beads, keratin bonds, shrinkies, copper tube and nano beads. I have a friend who is going to be a case study for me and will be my first real model. I have a couple of other people I can use as models to build a bit of a portfolio and will continue practising on my training head.

Did you start advertising for client straight away or wait until you felt more confident? I feel fine about the methods which don't require heat. I am scared of burning someone with the keratin bonds though. I really want to jump in feet first but don't want rookie mistakes ruining my reputation before I even start.

Feel free to tell me how you felt when fresh out of training.

Just to clarify you need to be insured when doing hair extensions because of so much can go wrong. Most insurers wont insure you without having an NVQ! The heat extensions take years of practise to be perfect so don't offer it until you are certain you are ready to do it. You can also get a heat protector shield when doing the glue ones or you can also use a mini straightener so you insure you wont burn their head instead of using the tool which isn't covered. Do at least two models in every application before you start doing paid clientele.

The certificate I get allows me to get public liability so that's fine. I was trained with heat shields too.

That is a good start. The heat ones are notoriously known to be damaging because when the glue attaches to stray hairs it rips them out and is uncomfortable. I don't know very many people who have these anymore because of how time consuming they are & old.

That's good to know. I really enjoyed the rings and felt confident with them.

I love the nano rings but a lot of us on the training course were struggling to get them secure on the hair. We could literally just pull them off. Is this common? Is there something we were doing wrong?

Use silicone lined nanos they hold much better x

Latest posts

Back