Training course recommendations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlett McQueen

Reaction score
Hey,

So I don’t know if I’m posting in the right place but I need some advice. I currently work with people with severe dementia, I wanted to become a nurse but recently I had to re-think my career. A short back story: I passed two VTCT courses in make up at 18, Beauty NVQ 2 at 22 then I moved to America for 7 years as a house wife, during the first two years of being in America I got very sick. When I came home I wanted to help people who where sick too, so I took up my current job. Well my illnesses aren’t getting better and I no longer can do my current job, my Dr wants me in a different career.
So, my other love was beauty and of course it’s been 9 years since I passed my NVQ (32 now) but I would love to learn nails. I’m just wondering if you guys had any ideas of what I need to study or what’s the best way?

I’m open to all ideas, I just really need some advice right now.

Sorry to hear about your health problems.
It sounds like your plan to retrain in beauty could be a good solution although I think it’s fair to mention that some people become allergic to the chemicals used in nail products so you might want to research this before spending too much time and money re-training. If your health problems are unrelated to immunity issues, you may be ok.

I’ve amended your thread title to clarify what you’re asking for. I’m sure other geeks will be along to offer more suggestions.

Sorry to hear about your health problems.
It sounds like your plan to retrain in beauty could be a good solution although I think it’s fair to mention that some people become allergic to the chemicals used in nail products so you might want to research this before spending too much time and money re-training. If your health problems are unrelated to immunity issues, you may be ok.

I’ve amended your thread title to clarify what you’re asking for. I’m sure other geeks will be along to offer more suggestions.

Thank you!!! No I’m luckily not allergic to anything. I hope so, think I know what I have to do just sometimes you kinda want to ask if it’s the right path xx

Latest posts

Back