Training courses for 14 year olds?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carkey

Reaction score
Hi there...
I'm hoping you guys can help. My daughter is 14 1/2 and has been despwrate to learn nails for ever... I have shown her (I'm qualified as a nail tech) she is incredibly good and I would love to be able to get her some formal training. (She currently only does her own nails mine and my mums) Anyone know if any courses accept 14 year old, seems only 16 wherever I have looked.
Thank you
X

Normally, insurance cover won’t cover nail enhancements for children under 16, so it’s not really surprising that there are no courses open to her either. I think she’s going to have to wait a while longer.

In the meantime, you could buy her a copy of ‘The Complete Nail Technician’ by Marian Newman. That would give her a good introduction and she’d be able to refer back to it when doing her training. That’s assuming you don’t already have a copy yourself, of course. :)

hi - I own a nail school but unfortunately most insurers will not provide cover for under 16 year olds - I have had the same problem with a clients daughter whose 14 and is really good at application not sure on her actually knowledge of the anatomy etc but as the insurers won't provide cover so I won't enrol her - unfortunately she'll just have to wait it out to complete her training.

It'd be a lovely gift for her 16th birthday though - a course to enable her to be qualified in nails :)
xx

Latest posts

Back