Training Courses - Help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saree

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I want to go on a waxing course and then perhaps a course on facials (something intensive over a couple of days etc) or perhaps on a combined intensive beauty course. I have just completed a nail diploma course and also airbrush spray tanning and would now like to take things a bit further.

Does anyone know where is highly recommended and well known and if these sort of courses exist? I am willing to travel, but live in the Kent area.

Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Saree,

I have just PMd you with some ideas of where you can do your beauty training.

I am looking into doing an intensive waxing/beauty course but can't find where you have put the information. What does PMd mean (sorry this is all new to me)
x

hi if you at the top under your name it will private massages, just click it and it will take you there,

Hi nhorsham,

I have PMd you with the details as well!

Thanks,

What course did you do? I am looking into doing a waxing course but I'm worried that salon won't reconise the course, do I need to do a full beauty therapy course?

Natalie
x

hi ya i would def recommend to do nvq2 and 3 as all salons recognise it most salons where i live ask for nvq2 and 3 i have also done a day course and i wouldnt recommend doing them myself as you just dont learn as much hth xx

I think I have done all of the courses now(??) I did all of mine separetely. Been a busy bee! I believe it is best to study to NVQ level as salons will respect those qualifications more than just the school diploma, although you can get insurance on the school diploma alone. But from a personal point of view, I wanted to ensure I gained national qualifications, plus it means you have to do the extra home study to ensure you learn the anatomy and physiology side and not just carrying out the treatments. Even if you do not plan to work in a salon I believe it maintains a professional image if you have NVQ/IHBC etc etc, but it doesn't mean you will be any better than someone who hasn't done these qualifications. Its really a matter of personal preference and what you hope to achieve and how you see your career developing. Hope that helps!

It's like any job/career in life, you can have all the qualifications you like, but at the end of the day it's down to experience! It also depends on where you want to work, some employees will look for NVQ, some are happy as long as you have a certificate of proof that you have successfully completed a particular course, and can show competence.

I personally have chosen to do short intensive courses because I am a mum with 2 kids and can't dedicate days on end at college. So far my short courses have proven to be very good and I have put those skills to use with no problems

Deb379

Latest posts

Back