Training, do I have to?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemzica

Reaction score
I have a query regarding training. My employer wants me to go on training for a product house that I do not want to attend. She changed the products we use whilst I was on maternity leave, as there was another therapist working when I went back I did not have to train. Now the other therapist has left she wants me to train in it. Normally I would do any training, however the products she wants me to train in I do not believe in. One of the reasons is she gave me a facial with these a year ago and the skin on my nose has still not healed, constantly flaking with dry skin, I've tried all I can and nothing working. I feel I cannot provide treatments that I don't like. Yes there are clients that love the product, however my clients that were talked into trying it whilst I was on maternity leave did not like it or the facials.
My query is, can I be sacked for not wanting to go on the training? It does not stop me doing my job, but she seemed like she was implicating that I HAVE to do the training.
Sorry for the long post

At the end of the day, you have to do what the boss says in my mind and if you decline then I think there probably would be grounds for dismissal.

Yes, you should attend the training because if you are using the products in the salon with no-one else appropriately trained to support you, the salon would not be carrying out the treatments correctly.
Perhaps have a more in depth discussion with your boss about the product ranges you will stock in the future?

Good on you though Gemzica for your ethics!
Why not do the course and ‘revisit’ the products. Then make a decision on what to do next

Latest posts

Back