Training for 16 year old

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelina221

Master Lash Tech
Reaction score
My nephew is very interested in hairdressing. He is 16 this month and i would like him to help out at my salon with washing, drying etc... My insurance company wont insure him as he has no hair qualifications and is not currently on a course. Have tried asking my L'Oreal rep about short courses he could do but she never got back to me. Have emailed L'Oreal twice but they don't reply. He has a natural flair for hairdressing (he's been cutting and colouring friends hair for a couple of years!) and i'd really like him to have some experience working in a salon before he hopefully starts an apprenticeship. Does anyone know of any day courses or weekend courses that he could do to enable him to wash, blowdry etc...Thanks:)

Maybe he could do a modern apprentice ship ... day release from your salon :idea: hth's

When I was on NVQ2 there were young 14 year olds on a 1 day a week from school doing the NVQ1 which they did shanpooing etc..

Latest posts

Back