Training help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Head_2_Toe

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I know this is a topic that has been covered a lot in various forums around the web but I am struggling to find any up to date information.

I am a complete beginner when it comes to nails and so I would like to find a complete course. A few qualified nail techs I have asked have told me I should go for an NVQ Level 2 then onto Level 3. However, from my research I have seen a lot of people here recommending CND. From what I can see they seem to have an amazing reputation! I've visited the Sweet Squared website but cannot find anything about a Foundation/Complete Course. Can anyone tell me if the course still exists?

Do any of you have any up to date info on the best way/place to train?

I should also mention, I can't really take a full time course as I have a 1 year old who isn't in nursery yet.

A few of the other private training academies I have found are the Denise Wright Academy and Wives And Girlfriends Academy, has anyone heard of
either of these?

Any help would be great!
Thank you

Sweet squared don't do a complete course anymore but you could do one of the beginner courses, You need a model for each of them.

Start with nvq2. It will cover manicure, pedicure and gel and/or acrylic.

Definitely see what evening courses your local college will run in September. Otherwise google for private courses. Be sure that the certificate is from vtct, itec, city and guilds etc (basically a recognised qualification rather than a certificate of attendance).

Latest posts

Back