Training help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aangel

Reaction score
i have thought about learning acrylic/gel nails for years, but now im looking into it properly and im sooooo confused.

home learning, local college courses, "nail acadamy's" oh heck, prices ranging from £200 to £900.

help. im based in bolton and dont mind traveling too far, but also does anyone know of any funding i could try and apply for? i ahve been out of work for 6 years looking after my little 2 children and now i want to go back to work.
if anyone knows anything i thank you in advance.

Have you looked at the princes's trust? They can offer funding if you fall into their age bracket?

I can whole heartley recommend Creative Nail Design (Aka CND) you can get information regarding training from Sweet Squared.com

I spent waaaaaay too much money in the beginning finding out who was best - my 1st course cost me over £400 over 6yrs ago & they only tauf=ght me how to anilialte the nail plate!
There is also a section on here for training - if you look at the top bar and try navigate.... I will have a look and come back with a link for you.

thanks, ill check them out xxx
not sure about the princes' trust as im 26 ill have a look though xxx

I did my training at bolton college hun, it was the 10 week evening class, they run a few throughout the year there. Its based at the manchester road site. They use young nails to train with and the college tutors get regular training themselves with young nails, so thats an option if you decide the college route. There are also lots of excellent private courses with the product companies as CND like Bev has recommended, who have won awards for training and products likewise. Some other companies are NSI, Young nails, Ezflow just to name a few. Do some searches hun, you have hours of reading on training alone on this website, also have a look at that sticky on the top of the nail geek forum about what you should expect from a course! Might help you narrow down your choices!
Good luck :hug:

You could try the LSC ( learning and skills council) and also give Skillworks a call, i'm sure both of those organisations offer funding, the criteria is always changing so check them out for an update on funds available.

brill thanks for the advise xxxx

im also in bolton and have considered lots of different companies including bolton college which i couldnt get funding for which i thought was harsh as i have 3 children and am not working.

I also looked into NSI , Young Nails , Ezflow CND and La Femme ( which is in bolton ) they were all around £500 so i choose the most reputable after months of research ive decided to go with CND but it was a tough coice between them and Ezflow @nail heaven Atherton .

Good luck finding the right couse im due to start with CDN Creative in Jan :hug:

Latest posts

Back