Training, Kim Lawless or Waxu?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin love

Reaction score
Hi just wondering which is better training!
Just on the rare chance someone has done both?!

Hi just wondering which is better training!
Just on the rare chance someone has done both?!

I’ve trained with Kim. Training was good for intimate waxing. I personally like to train with more than one recognised name though as I think you can only learn from it and perhaps mix and match different techniques to suit yourself.

I’ve trained with Kim. Training was good for intimate waxing. I personally like to train with more than one recognised name though as I think you can only learn from it and perhaps mix and match different techniques to suit yourself.

That’s sounds great but I can only really train with one as it’s quite expensive and I have other courses I need to do too :)

Did you use Kim lawless wax after? Is there a wax system that you purchase after?

With waxu the kit is included

That’s sounds great but I can only really train with one as it’s quite expensive and I have other courses I need to do too [emoji4]

Did you use Kim lawless wax after? Is there a wax system that you purchase after?

With waxu the kit is included

I did purchase Kim Lawless wax but I’ve yet to use it as I’ve been using up the Perron Rigot wax I have. I liked Kim’s wax when on the course so I’m looking forward to using it. We were able to order as much or as little as we liked. We were also given a discount code.

Kim is great, I trained with her 6 years ago. I used PR wax for a few years and tried all the other top brands but I’ve been using Kim’s wax since it came out and it’s the best I’ve used.

Kim is great, I trained with her 6 years ago. I used PR wax for a few years and tried all the other top brands but I’ve been using Kim’s wax since it came out and it’s the best I’ve used.
Exactly what Cloughers has said. The training is fantastic and the wax does what it says on the tin

I adore Kim, her training was great and she is so down to earth, Kim all the way!

I did purchase Kim Lawless wax but I’ve yet to use it as I’ve been using up the Perron Rigot wax I have. I liked Kim’s wax when on the course so I’m looking forward to using it. We were able to order as much or as little as we liked. We were also given a discount code.
hello,
I read that you did Kim Lawless classes and used Perron Rigot before. I have limited funds to do a course and buy products, I was looking to learn with Kim and using Perron Rigot. Ideally would be if she would work with Perron Rigot, I understood that now she uses her own waxing. Comparing bith which one do you prefer? I considered even Lycon who offers the kit plus training. But would you say the training with Kim was worth it? and the wax, which one do you prefer?

I much prefer Kim’s wax to Perron Rigot. That said, I haven’t used all the different Perron Rigot waxes. There’s too many to try them all out properly. I don’t like cream waxes. I just don’t get on with them so that’s perhaps why. I find they snap and drag against the hair/skin but others like using them so I guess it’s just a matter of what works best for you. I did like Perron Rigot Euroblonde which is not a cream wax but Kim’s is similar to that but nicer to work with. More pliable than Euroblonde I found. And a lovely metallic bronze colour. I did Kim’s intimate course and found it useful. I’d like to do Lycons too and possible one other. But all in good time due to cost and time of course. I’d recommend Kim’s course but try do a few intimate waxes before commencing the course as it allows you to experience your own issues which you then know to ask advice on.

Thank you so much for your reply. Do you remember how many people are in her training? I need to do a course that makes me feel confident, this is the most important thing in my mind. The sound of her wax is great, thank you. Once done the course I may just consider to work with Kim's wax. But the main thing now is to make a decision to do a course with her, instead than other providers such as Lycon that includes the full kit plus the training. Perron Rigot so far has been my first choice initially. But I am sure once trained with Kim I may change my mind. I was just looking at the finances, going to her training if I choose to not use her wax will def cost me more. Were you a begginers? how confident did you feel? Thanks xx

I wasn’t a beginner. I had over 15 years experience but had a break for a long time so for me it was mostly a refresher but I hadn’t worked with hot wax in a long time and the waxes have improved tremendously over the years. I do a lot of intimate waxing and I have to say I’ve found the technique/positions you put your client in will vary. Not every client will be happy to be in the same position, not every clients agility or flexibility will allow them to be in the same position. So I think it’s good to know and be shown all the different positions and now to use them. This is why I’m keen to do other courses too. It’s good to be able to draw on all the different techniques and adapt them to suit you and your client. There were 8 of us I think on the course. We watched a demonstration first then Kim would watch us, one st a time as we did it ourselves and she’d interrupt when we did it wrong etc. Then we would watch each other as we each finished our own so you got to watch several times over which was good. She had other trainers there helping so 3 tutors to 8 students which I felt was very good. I’m sure Lycon and Perron Rigot are good too although I have not been on their courses except the wax familiarisation course to try out the different products.

I wasn’t a beginner. I had over 15 years experience but had a break for a long time so for me it was mostly a refresher but I hadn’t worked with hot wax in a long time and the waxes have improved tremendously over the years. I do a lot of intimate waxing and I have to say I’ve found the technique/positions you put your client in will vary. Not every client will be happy to be in the same position, not every clients agility or flexibility will allow them to be in the same position. So I think it’s good to know and be shown all the different positions and now to use them. This is why I’m keen to do other courses too. It’s good to be able to draw on all the different techniques and adapt them to suit you and your client. There were 8 of us I think on the course. We watched a demonstration first then Kim would watch us, one st a time as we did it ourselves and she’d interrupt when we did it wrong etc. Then we would watch each other as we each finished our own so you got to watch several times over which was good. She had other trainers there helping so 3 tutors to 8 students which I felt was very good. I’m sure Lycon and Perron Rigot are good too although I have not been on their courses except the wax familiarisation course to try out the different products.
Thank you very much for your kind attention to respond to my queries. I see your point, information is never too much, different training gives different options, for financial reasons I may start with the Lycon since they offer a very good training and start kit and def will do later on Kim's training. xx

Hi @Sofiss I recently completed the Lycon training and wasn't overly impressed with it. I'm in Northern Ireland tho so perhaps the training varies from centre to centre. I'm currently trying to organise to go to Essex in August for training with Kim as I really didn't leave the Lycon training as confident as I would of liked.

Hi @Sofiss I recently completed the Lycon training and wasn't overly impressed with it. I'm in Northern Ireland tho so perhaps the training varies from centre to centre. I'm currently trying to organise to go to Essex in August for training with Kim as I really didn't leave the Lycon training as confident as I would of liked.
I am really sorry to hear that Sarah, its true that different training centers and trainers may vary, still is a food for though because Lycon should establish a great training that gives confidence in all the centers. Besides products I believe most of us looks for a course that will give us confidence. That is vital! Thank you for your support and telling us. Did you do the the full Lycon training? Please let me know when you ve done Kim's tarining. Many thanks xx

I am already qualified in waxing so it was just the intimate wax I did with Lycon and the product training. Basically the product training is them showing you the products saying the name of it and thats it! Thought £100 was a bit steep for it. Then we did a wax and that was it. At the same time Im not sure what else they could of done cause I did do the wax and the trainer said it was fine but I suppose it just takes practice. Not too many like to offer up that area to an student to practice on lol and i suppose you couldnt blame them. Training with Kim is booked now for August and I cant wait!!

I fully understand you. My heart is training with Kim first and than decide regarding the products
I am already qualified in waxing so it was just the intimate wax I did with Lycon and the product training. Basically the product training is them showing you the products saying the name of it and thats it! Thought £100 was a bit steep for it. Then we did a wax and that was it. At the same time Im not sure what else they could of done cause I did do the wax and the trainer said it was fine but I suppose it just takes practice. Not too many like to offer up that area to an student to practice on lol and i suppose you couldnt blame them. Training with Kim is booked now for August and I cant wait!!
I fully understand what you are saying! My heart says to go first with Kim then decide on which products to use and depending of that than it may involve a bit more training I guess mainly about the products because companies wants us to sell their products. While Kim I think I will be more about learning the skill of waxing and hands on practice! I am glad to hear you booked for august, please let me know! xxx

Have you checked out the elite wax training. You will not be disappointed x

Latest posts

Back