Training questions, is CND still the best route?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Carly*

Reaction score
I spent so long saving for my training that all the courses have now changed! S2 no longer seem to be doing the more full courses such as Complete and Natural Nail. I really really wanted to train with them, but I can't see a course that includes pedicure, unless I'm missing something.

Originally I wanted to do Complete, but after many conversations with people I decided I'd like to start with natural nails plus learn how to repair and sculpt with Brisa Lite Sculpting and if I found a demand for it I'd study enhancements with CND further down the line.

But I can't seem to find a nail tech course now!

I'd consider training with Nail Harmony, though I really am leaning towards being a CND girl, but all the education info seems to have vanished from the site!

Another thing, as much as I'd love to work from home, I honestly think the best thing for me would be to chuck myself in at the deep end and start work in a salon. So I looked at job adds to see if there was much demand and what qualifications are required. Well they all say qualifications of NVQ L2 or equivalent is a must! So now I'm worried I'll get myself some decent training but no one will actually hire me. I really want to train with the best, but it's pointless if no one will hire me or I wont be able to get a special treatment license in the future or something.

I'm having zero luck finding the right sort of course. All the NVQ's seem to be a bit shoddy, insanely expensive (£3500 anyone?), distance learning, or some random beauty college no one has ever heard of!

Salon owners - What qualifications would you look at when it comes to hiring? - what other qualifications do you consider to be NVQ L2 equivalent when looking at job applicants?

xxx

for anyone wondering where I disappeared to or why I still haven't cracked on with my training after all this time- I got married! I spent ages planning my wedding, now I'm hitched life can return to normal.

If you want to work in a salon in London and greater London and a lot of other boroughs you will need a nvq/vctc as you'll need to go on the salon special treatment licence and that's a requirement. Most salons now want nvq lvl 3, I spoke to loads of councils and they woudnt take anything less, which is why the salons won't take anything less. I asked if they'd take the CND complete they said no, nvq or equiv vctc, which is why I'm now retraining to lvl 3 in nail technology.

So tho I am fully qualified and have certificates from CND and. Training academy in all things nails and up to master in shellac wasn't enough, fine for home salon and mobile but that's it.

I spent so long saving for my training that all the courses have now changed! S2 no longer seem to be doing the more full courses such as Complete and Natural Nail. I really really wanted to train with them, but I can't see a course that includes pedicure, unless I'm missing something.

Originally I wanted to do Complete, but after many conversations with people I decided I'd like to start with natural nails plus learn how to repair and sculpt with Brisa Lite Sculpting and if I found a demand for it I'd study enhancements with CND further down the line.

But I can't seem to find a nail tech course now!

I'd consider training with Nail Harmony, though I really am leaning towards being a CND girl, but all the education info seems to have vanished from the site!

Another thing, as much as I'd love to work from home, I honestly think the best thing for me would be to chuck myself in at the deep end and start work in a salon. So I looked at job adds to see if there was much demand and what qualifications are required. Well they all say qualifications of NVQ L2 or equivalent is a must! So now I'm worried I'll get myself some decent training but no one will actually hire me. I really want to train with the best, but it's pointless if no one will hire me or I wont be able to get a special treatment license in the future or something.

I'm having zero luck finding the right sort of course. All the NVQ's seem to be a bit shoddy, insanely expensive (£3500 anyone?), distance learning, or some random beauty college no one has ever heard of!

Salon owners - What qualifications would you look at when it comes to hiring? - what other qualifications do you consider to be NVQ L2 equivalent when looking at job applicants?

xxx

for anyone wondering where I disappeared to or why I still haven't cracked on with my training after all this time- I got married! I spent ages planning my wedding, now I'm hitched life can return to normal.

Ive just done my Nvq level 2 and now I have just started Nvq level 3 Most salons want that now. My tutor said after I have completed level 3 I will be salon ready.

Also, I have done Cnd Shellac brings them back, and various other acrylic courses, but each time I have applied for jobs, it wasn't enough, it was the Nvq's they required. X

Try www.thebeautyacademy.org they have two training centres in London and all round the country. They offer NVQ's and C&G's, the VTCT nail tech level 3 course inc vat is about £1500. They have a very good reputation :) hth.

xXx

The beauty academy do 24+ loans if your over 24, I'm doing mine with them finished all the work just waiting to do exams.

Latest posts

Back