Training room rent advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sochic101

Reaction score
Hiya

I’m just after some advice, I have a hair dresser who rents a chair in my salon. We are also a training academy and have a separate training room with 5 stations for this. My hairdresser has been approached to be a educator for a extension course and they want to use my training room to do this to become the Surrey educator. Now obviously I need to get rent or something from this as it’s my premises? What would you charge, she is getting £100 a person and could have a maximum of 5 people which would be all the chairs used? However it’s looking to be on a Sunday/Monday when we are closed.
What would you think a reasonable charge would be to my hairdresser or should the company who approached her be paying the rent?

Any advice would be great x

There’s a few options here but firstly, Are any of the following VAT registered:
-You (the salon)
-the hairdresser
- the training co who approached her

This could make a difference on who to invoice.

Thanks for the reply.
Neither the salon or the hairdresser are VAT registered.
I’m not sure about the training Co as the hairdresser is the one in contact?

I’d keep it simple then:
Let the stylist sort it all out and simply charge her a rent.
Either 50% of what she earns from the training or a fixed fee of (say) £250.
So the same £ rent if she gets 5 trainees in but if she doesn’t, you make more on the fixed rent option. Remember you’ll pay tax on this income so it’s less than you think.
In a way, the only cost to you is electricity, water and heat (and maybe increased insurance?) as you’re not open on those days anyway.

Latest posts

Back