Training...stop wasting time!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yummymummynails

Reaction score
Morning my fellow geeks

Just a quick question, I know there has been many posts about training but there is something I'm confused about.....

Finally I've decided to do cnd training in acrylics, can't wait yey...I hav done mani and peds at college. However a friend told me I need to do a nail college course like a nvq before training in a brand....hmmmm!!!. Looking into Cnd, it appears its good for beginners.......

Anyone has similar story and went straight into cnd training and got on well....???!!!

Hope my bubble doesn't burst. Lol
xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

Your friend has obviously not done CND training...

There is a reason they win beauty industry awards for their training programs...

They are world class from beginners right through grand master and educator. Not always easy but always challenging you to be the very best..

You have made the right choice to join the CND family...

My personal opinion:

Colleges are good if you want an over view of nails, the industry and product application without being good at any single one...

Brand training is best for understanding that specific product and how to get the best from it

CND teach the most comprehensive and scientifically advanced information. And show you how to achieve the most from the world leading product

Hth's

Thanx for the advice... I'm going to go ahead with my cnd training....I've received some info and they hav been so helpful.....

I defo tnk its the right route for me....

Thanks xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

My personal opinion:

Colleges are good if you want an over view of nails, the industry and product application without being good at any single one...

Brand training is best for understanding that specific product and how to get the best from it

CND teach the most comprehensive and scientifically advanced information. And show you how to achieve the most from the world leading product

Hth's

Couldn't agree more!

I know all colleges (and tutors) are different but when I did my NC->HND, we were taught all possible nail theory, health and safety, A&P, taught in theory how to apply 'nails' but the tutor (who was also a very skilled trichologist and hairdresser) by her very admission 'could not apply nails' so I left knowing how I should be looking to perform the service but had never seen a true nail professional apply a beautiful set of enhancements.

In short, you will never truly know how to work with a system until you train specifically train in it as each has their own nuance, different mix ratios, etc. Not to mention the fact that, as they're in the industry, their training is changing and growing with each new development and discovery - at school we were taught to file side to centre (with an emery board). When I went to CND The Geek said hey, leading Derms are now suggesting it can actually be benefical to file, in a gentle motion, side to side. It's always current.

CND training is second to none, you won't regret it!

In my opinion you never learn all you should need in college course... And also you should remember- you will need a lot of time, a lot of practising to do good nails.
I have done my first course L+P in 2006 but since a year I have noticed my job is much better than few years ago... :)
Good luck in your nail adventure :)

The CND course now has an ITEC diploma attached to its successful completion ... So your friend is not well informed (at least not where CND is concerned). Thousands have only ever trained with CND and are running thriving businesses.
You can rest easy knowing you will be getting the best.

Go with a reputable course & get good training from the beginning. CND is IMO very good, I have not used them personally but Ive always heard good reports about them.

When I first started out I used a Training School called the Nail Academy in Erdington Birmingham, I wouldnt recommend them at all because the training was so slap dash. Quick & shoddy. In short you will get what you pay for. Cheap courses = cheap slap dash training resulting in you wasting money & having to pay more to become better equipped...

I myself eventually re-trained with Bio Sculpture & I was happy with there training so would also recommend them ;)

Latest posts

Back