Training to be a mobile spray tanner-Sienna X vs Nouvatan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I have a full time office job. When I set up mobile alongside this job will I pay NI or is it different for different jobs does anyone know?

Oh good luck!!! Im sure youll do great - i spend a fortune on gettin my nails done gel haha..

Yes sounds good enjoying your holiday and then starting up.

I am so glad i have started to promote my business already... facebook is being noticed... my flyers are on the way... ive emailed local groups and businesses to see if theyd put my introductory offer in their window/on their counter etc...

So good luck to you!!!! Exciting!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi becca

so I've now registered with hmrc as self employed !! Easier than I thought. I'm also self employed sole trader as I'm on my own.

I think the hard part is going to be learning to do the tax return in April! Xx

Hi becca

so I've now registered with hmrc as self employed !! Easier than I thought. I'm also self employed sole trader as I'm on my own.

I think the hard part is going to be learning to do the tax return in April! Xx

Oh wow .. how exciting!! :) .. im so excited to start.. i really really need to get some leaflets out but ive had a million and 1 things to do with my other job so thats not good!

Its one of the reasons i am doing this to be honest i go above and beyond in my normal job and for what? No thanks etc.. so id rather put the work into my own business and do it for myself!

Ive already purchased my kit and some bottles of solution so i really need some computer software i can use to keep track or a book before i start forgetting to add things....

Im sure once we get used to it we will be totally fine..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't do mine full time so I don't expect to make much profit yet, plus I've been doing multiple training courses. I'm also purposefully not that flat out as I find being too busy makes me ineffective in my full time job.

Maybe the persons friend did it full time? I don't know. It's abit unfair to tell you about a 'massive' tax bill - puts the fear in you unnecessarily!

As I have a full time office job. When I set up mobile alongside this job will I pay NI or is it different for different jobs does anyone know?

Register as a small business then you won't have to pay NI. I have a 'Small Earnings Exception Certificate' - put that into the HMRC website search bar.

You don't need to keep any swanky record of your outgoings and income. I'm really basic and use a paper form I made - mainly because I can't be arsed to turn my laptop on. Mine is literally four columns - date, retailer, item and amount.

The tax form is really easy too. There is a step by step guide explaining what all the sections mean.

Register as a small business then you won't have to pay NI. I have a 'Small Earnings Exception Certificate' - put that into the HMRC website search bar.

You don't need to keep any swanky record of your outgoings and income. I'm really basic and use a paper form I made - mainly because I can't be arsed to turn my laptop on. Mine is literally four columns - date, retailer, item and amount.

The tax form is really easy too. There is a step by step guide explaining what all the sections mean.

Thank you so much yes the lady I spoke to on the phone is sending me the form and I also have an excel sheet with them on and one more column with cash or card as I only take cash from clients but I usually pay by card online for my products xx

Sounds like you're all sorted :). Enjoy :) xx

Sounds like you're all sorted :). Enjoy :) xx

Thank you, I'm looking forward to being able to advertise more and hopefully get a few more clients than I currently have and I'm sure nails can help with that! Xx

Do a few offers. Word of mouth really helps xx

Latest posts

Back