Training with Sallys - any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautygeek*

Reaction score
Hi Geeks im thinking of doing an acrylic course (as currently only trained in gel) and have come across the "conversion acrylic or gel course" with Sallys - intended for people who already have one or the other, i was just wondering if anyone had done this or any other course through Sallys and thought they were any good?

Thank you for any feedback :) x

You would be better to train with the company whose products you plan to use, like Ez flow, CND, etc

You would be better to train with the company whose products you plan to use, like Ez flow, CND, etc

Agree with Lynne. Id avoid where possible. It isn't the best training. Xx

Train with either CND or Harmony. Both have brilliant trainers x

Leely x

After hearing what i heard in Sally's today I will never buy from them again or use their training. They were. Actually trying to tell a consumer how to dye her hair white blonde from nearly black. Told her all the products to use and what she needed to do. I really had to bite my lip to stop myself from screaming are you mad?! They even said call your hairdresser and ask her what mixtures they use?! As if they would tell her.

I know this isn't a nail example but shows how poor they are.

I did a manicure training course there a while ago. I wish I hasn't! It was so disorganised and spent at least double as the products weren't included.

If I had know what I know now i would save up and train with CND! Also on the letter it said mani and pedi but was just a mani course :(

It was a disaster!

Have a look around and good luck.

thank you so much for all of your replies, it has been very helpful dont want to waste my money on a course where i dont feel like i learnt everything i need to no as it just knocks ur confidence when you realise you dont no half the things you need too!
I will look into the other ones as my bf really wants to put towards it for xmas for me! :D
Thanks guys xx

I have an example for "nails" my UV light broke so went in there to buy the harmony 18g lamp as it was out of stock on their website to be told by the manager I would be better off buying it from eBay or amazon x

Leely x

I have an example for "nails" my UV light broke so went in there to buy the harmony 18g lamp as it was out of stock on their website to be told by the manager I would be better off buying it from eBay or amazon x

Leely x

I was told the same! Shocking!! I just ordered it from nail harmony direct in the end cheaper from them than the Sally's price

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I haven't been on a Sallys course myself but have read some not so great reviews on here about the training.

Saying that though, I'm sure the acrylic they use is ASP which really isn't as bad as people say. I've tried ASP and NSI, both are good but the NSI seemed to set a LOT quicker, while ASP is a good brand if you're just starting in acrylics. I've done acrylics with ASP which lasted over two weeks without any probs x

I was told the same! Shocking!! I just ordered it from nail harmony direct in the end cheaper from them than the Sally's price

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I ordered a 6g in the end, Like you said much cheaper than sallys x

Id advice to train with CND but each geek is likely to have a personal preference. Check out sweet squared on www.sweetsquared.com or call the lovely people there on 0845 210 6060.

Hope that's helpful.

Em

Latest posts

Back