training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitzyGirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I recently qualified from EN in acrylic and airbrushing(93% distinction), and very proud of it. But I think I've got a long way to go before I can call myself a very good tech. I am thinking of doing further training, and considered Creative, but all the training centres are too far from me. I've just found out that Backscratchers have a centre about 10 mins. away, and I am very interested in giving them a go.
Have any of you experienced lot trained with them?
If so, what do you think of their training?
And sorry to go on, but lastly,
What do you think of their systems: fibreglass and extreme powder glaze?
I'd be grateful if anyone can help me on this.

sorry cant help as far as backscratchers but i dont know any other company so willing to help out any nail techs - no matter whom they qualified -as this site - and in addition to this i did try another company (or two) and i have just heard such great things from creative and designer nails (the uk distributors) and they are sooo supportive on this site.. i have done the fabric# the fibreglass/silk system and its great and flexible(every Silly little question i raise gets answered, i am booked - at last whey hay next week for a l&P course with milton keynes creative academy and cant wait i know that when i have done my training i have 24hr backup/technical advice right here from nail techs from EVERY branch of the tree... anyway big up to creative thats all i can say there MUST be a trainer/academy close to you SOMEWHERE , where are you

Well Aylin, do not be put off by the travel to a Creative academy. I have to drive for a good 2 hours along windy roads to get there so that brings in childcare complications, but it really is worth it. I'm planning to start my Creative Masters next month and I know the long days due to travel is a pain but I want to be the best!! I was worried about a model as noone would give up the 10 hours needed (including travelling) each time just to get free nails - except my colleague, but she has to take my children to school! The academy has therefore arranged a local model for me - how helpful is that??

One other huge advantage of going with creative when you are far away from an academy is that there wil be few if any other creative techs to be in competition with you!!!

You only have to look at the trade press to see that the majority (I accept not all) of the technicians in the forefront of the industry are creative trained. Who did London fashion week? Who did the spice girls?

If this is not enough to convince you - remember that you can only buy creative l & p if you have done their training. Technologically this product is superior to other l & p products, and because it is patented you will not find others copying it. It allows you to create thinner enhancements that are just as strong. The leading chemist in the industry develops for creative so they will always be at the front (really really far in front!). I assure you I looked into all the leading systems & researched thoroughly - I am a creative fan through & through and I can't wait to try their new gel when it comes out.

As always, Ella - Jen, thank you for the support and postive words on CND training. May I just say that which ever company you decide to go with, make sure you research them to your own satisfaction. Best of Luck!

I haven`t experience Backscratchers training first hand but I`ve been there whilst training is being done and ear wigged a bit. I have to say I was impressed with what I saw and I do like their products although now I use the Fabric# fibreglass system.
Creative has academies all over and there are some in your area, why not give them a ring and ask for your nearest, you wouldn`t regret having their training

Thehandsanctuary said:
sorry cant help as far as backscratchers but i dont know any other company so willing to help out any nail techs - no matter whom they qualified -as this site - and in addition to this i did try another company (or two) and i have just heard such great things from creative and designer nails (the uk distributors) and they are sooo supportive on this site.. i have done the fabric# the fibreglass/silk system and its great and flexible(every Silly little question i raise gets answered, i am booked - at last whey hay next week for a l&P course with milton keynes creative academy and cant wait i know that when i have done my training i have 24hr backup/technical advice right here from nail techs from EVERY branch of the tree... anyway big up to creative thats all i can say there MUST be a trainer/academy close to you SOMEWHERE , where are you
I am in west wickham, kent, and the nearest one I think is in Hammersmith. But with the children's schools and things it would be very difficult for me, also I have a phobia about travelling on trains on my own (silly I know, but it's one of those things).
Anyone know if there's a closer one to me?

You might try calling the academy. You may find that the ambassador is programmed in to do training at a salon near you and you may be able to tag along to that? Speak to the academy and see?

ella said:
You might try calling the academy. You may find that the ambassador is programmed in to do training at a salon near you and you may be able to tag along to that? Speak to the academy and see?
thanks ella, I will definitely try to find out. But you have to be qualified for a year to be able to do conversion courses anyway, don't you?

AYLIN said:
thanks ella, I will definitely try to find out. But you have to be qualified for a year to be able to do conversion courses anyway, don't you?

I'm not really in a position to comment, there are options such as doing the foundation course. You should speak to them

hey no its not silly not wanting to travel you should see the state i get in to go to milton keynes and its only 40 mins drive away. i was also scared of phoning the academy but they are just soo nice.. trust me if i can do it and im phobic about everything..... please just give them a call and explain your fears they are such nice people call the leeds number i am sure they will help put you in touch with your nearest maybe you can do a one to one.... really there is options out there. and good luck i'll be thinking of you.

AYLIN said:
I am in west wickham, kent,
Liza Smith is based in Sittingborne!!! Call 0113 275 0433 if you would like details!

I too had to travel down tiny roads this week to get to my Creative course but BOY WAS IT WORTH IT! The course was fab, the tutor was brilliant and I have learnt LOADS. I trained in gel with EN & Bio Sculpture and after reading all the comments Creative got decided to do the four day foundation course in L & P. I now have nearly 3 weeks before my exam on 2nd March so have LOTS of studying & homework to do on the nail trainer.

The journey is definately worth it!

Sharon

i have to agree with sharon i too have done the foundation course this week in birmingham, up at 6am, running around like a blue ass fly (oops can i say that) and feeling totally knackered today, but boy was it worth it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
i am a very happy bunny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to you all,
I guess I'll just have to weigh things up and make a decision.

ella said:
Well Aylin, do not be put off by the travel to a Creative academy. I have to drive for a good 2 hours along windy roads to get there so that brings in childcare complications, but it really is worth it. I'm planning to start my Creative Masters next month and I know the long days due to travel is a pain but I want to be the best!! I was worried about a model as noone would give up the 10 hours needed (including travelling) each time just to get free nails - except my colleague, but she has to take my children to school! The academy has therefore arranged a local model for me - how helpful is that??

One other huge advantage of going with creative when you are far away from an academy is that there wil be few if any other creative techs to be in competition with you!!!

You only have to look at the trade press to see that the majority (I accept not all) of the technicians in the forefront of the industry are creative trained. Who did London fashion week? Who did the spice girls?

If this is not enough to convince you - remember that you can only buy creative l & p if you have done their training. Technologically this product is superior to other l & p products, and because it is patented you will not find others copying it. It allows you to create thinner enhancements that are just as strong. The leading chemist in the industry develops for creative so they will always be at the front (really really far in front!). I assure you I looked into all the leading systems & researched thoroughly - I am a creative fan through & through and I can't wait to try their new gel when it comes out.
can you please explain what you mean by " we can only buy creative if you do there course?
i really dont understand ..i by radical solar nail by creative ? is that the same thing everyone refers to as creative ???? please help?? thanks !!

I'm also wondering about this because in canada i can buy creative products without being creative certified.

This is a UK restriction. I guess the distributors in each country apply their own rules.

You can buy Creative products, such as solaroil, nail enamel,etc but not creative l&p

eroom said:
You can buy Creative products, such as solaroil, nail enamel,etc but not creative l&p
In canada you can buy creative l&p as well as the other products.

eroom said:

Yes, this thread has become a little disjointed!! We were talking about l&p, but then we all got confused with the international stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back