training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scissors2005

Reaction score
I have trained with star nais, i did the 6 day full technician course, then went on to do the 4 day workshops to do my full diploma,but would like to convert to creative because i m not getting on to well with star nails products and creative seems very populae on this site,could you tell me,what the creative course entails,i have done mostly acrylic but i think i could do with a bit more tuition and i would like to do gel nails as well,would they both be covered in the same course or would they be seperate ones.I know i ll be able to get details at the show but i wondered if anybody could give me some ideas before hand i m also interested in free hand nail art.

Ive got a friend who is interested in doing a nail course,would a man on a course have to take a model with him he doesnt fancy having his own done?

any information would be gratefully recieved

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

The best thing you could do is to speak to one of the Creative Academy Advisors at the office. There are 5 people in the office dedicated to answering all your questions and to helping you.

Most people on this site will just say, Oh no you can't take Creative courses unless 'this or that' or you've been 'trained for a year' or whatever. There are many options open to you with Creative and the best thing is to talk directly with them. The main line to the office is 0113 275 5719 and just ask to speak to an Academy Advisor. They will let you know all the options open to you, and also send you information that you can read at your leisure.

Thanks gigi,i ll phone them tommorow and see how i get on,and maybe speak to someone at the show.i desperatly need to sort out what i m doing wrong even if it means doing a whole new course,if i dont i m going to just lose heart and give up.

Thanks again.

Tracey.

Just putting my opinion in here, I've done a course with an independent trainer, and a conversion course with NSI. I now wish I'd gone with Creative from the start. With Creative's training you get a nail trainer and all products needed INCLUDED in the cost of the foundation course. I didn't know this when I looked into training. When you take the cost of these out of the cost of the course, you realise what good value you are getting, and many people on here rage about Creative being the best. I think the training i had was good, but I paid extra for the products & Nail trainer, so in the long run I have spent more! I'm gonna be speaking to Creative at Excel about my options, as I now have lots of products that I don't want to waste, and I haven't got enough money at the mo for the foundation course, but I'd still like to do Creative training. Oh well, you live & learn!

just to let you know,i phoned the creative branch at milton keynes today,and spoke to karen,she s going to send me options of several details,but after chatting to her,and she was very helpful, i think i m going do a one to one conversion training then as well as show me how to use the creative products she can tell me if i m doing anything wrong.

thanks for the number,hope this might help someone else.

Tracey.

Just out of interest Tracey...
How long have you been trained / working as Nail Tech? I only ask because I wanted to do the conversion course with Creative, but when I phoned to enquire I was told I had to have been trained for a year. This means I would have to do the foundation course - which I would lovve to do, but finances are tight!!!
Anyone else that knows the anser please fill me in / make suggestions... etc!

I know it shouldn't be about the money - but at the mo - it's ALL about the ££££ I'm afraid!!!

laurawade said:
Just out of interest Tracey...
How long have you been trained / working as Nail Tech? I only ask because I wanted to do the conversion course with Creative, but when I phoned to enquire I was told I had to have been trained for a year. This means I would have to do the foundation course - which I would lovve to do, but finances are tight!!!
Anyone else that knows the anser please fill me in / make suggestions... etc!

I know it shouldn't be about the money - but at the mo - it's ALL about the ££££ I'm afraid!!!
Ditto the above!!!

Availability to the coversion course can be very complicated. Depending on how long you have been doing nails, and what type of certificate you hold will determine if you can convert or not.

As Gigi mentioned... calling an Academy advisor is your best bet.

Good luck ;)

Hi guys just to reply ive not quite been qualifien a year but the person i spoke to said i could do a conversion with a one to one training,ive recieved my information on it today,i think its my best option because not only can i learn how to use new products but also the trainer can tell me what i m doing wrong,it costs a bit more but i think it will be worth it,i understand that mostly they like you to wait until youve been qualified a year so that you get plenty of experience but if i m doing something wrong which i think i must be waiting 2yrs even, is not gonna make a difference if i m not put right. so i guess it depends on your individual needs.Hope this is of some help.

Latest posts

Back