transexual hair removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhiffy

Reaction score
Hope one of you geeks may be able to help, as this is way out of my comfort zone, got an email from a friend of a friend who is a pre op transexual, she has had laser treatment but still has some downy hair on her face and wonders if electrolysis is the way forward or further laser treatment? She also asked me about permanant hair removal "down below" as she put it and is too embarrased to ask at a salon. Is that possible? Really feel for this person so would appreciate any helpful advice that I could pass on. Also said I'd try and find some sympathetic beauticians in her area (Glasgow i think) thanks geeks x x:hug:

For what it's worth, it is very normal for electrologists to treat gender dysphoriacs so it may help to reassure her of that. What I mean is, if she chooses an experienced electrologist it is very likely that they have already treated a number of transexuals and will be sympathetic and highly professional. (It may help to choose an electrologist rather than a beauty therapist if that makes sense.)

I have had a little read about this in the Encyclopedia of Hair Removal and it is suggested that laser or light-based treatments (if suitable) be used to treat larger areas and electrolysis to 'conclude' i.e. clear up any leftover hair.

I think it's perfectly normal and expected for 'down below' to be treated.:hug:

thanks Zozo, really appreciate that :hug:

For what it's worth, it is very normal for electrologists to treat gender dysphoriacs so it may help to reassure her of that. What I mean is, if she chooses an experienced electrologist it is very likely that they have already treated a number of transexuals and will be sympathetic and highly professional. (It may help to choose an electrologist rather than a beauty therapist if that makes sense.)

I have had a little read about this in the Encyclopedia of Hair Removal and it is suggested that laser or light-based treatments (if suitable) be used to treat larger areas and electrolysis to 'conclude' i.e. clear up any leftover hair.

I think it's perfectly normal and expected for 'down below' to be treated.:hug:
I know one electrologist in Surrey that treats pre and post op transexuals and as Zoe said she does that and nothing else.

Im sorry i dont know of anyone up north,but i hope you find someone soon to treat her as it must be agonising for her.

Latest posts

Back