Transexual waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indulgebeauty

Reaction score
right here goes,

i had a transexual in a few weeks ago for a brow wax and he wanted them done to perfection which i done to his request. Now he has just been in and has asked me to wax his face, this is really coarse and i wouldn't dream of doing it, i explained that his hair is far too coarse and short that this would be really un comfortable. I asked him to come back after his hormone treatment and we'll go from there, i said i will do some research (salon geek) and let him know next time he/she is in.

Has anyone ever waxed a mans face? or a he/she's face?

No idea about the waxing, but can help with how to deal with trannies. I'm an occasional drag queen and have several tranny friends.

Whenever they are 'dressed' (en femme) you should always refer to them in the feminine and by their chosen female name. You say she is going for hormone therapy, in that case I would assume that she comes to you as her feminine self, in that case you are referring to and working with a lady, not a man.

Can I also add, from a purely business angle she could prove to be a very lucrative customer. Within the transgender community it can be very hard to find beauty / hair salons (wigs need styling too) that are happy and comfortable treating transgendered clients. You will also find a lot of TG clients may have other TG friends and, like all women, they like to talk and recommend people and places.

If anyone would like any advice or suggestions about dealing with Transgendered clients please feel free to ask.

Mat xx

No idea about the waxing, but can help with how to deal with trannies. I'm an occasional drag queen and have several tranny friends.

Whenever they are 'dressed' (en femme) you should always refer to them in the feminine and by their chosen female name. You say she is going for hormone therapy, in that case I would assume that she comes to you as her feminine self, in that case you are referring to and working with a lady, not a man.

Can I also add, from a purely business angle she could prove to be a very lucrative customer. Within the transgender community it can be very hard to find beauty / hair salons (wigs need styling too) that are happy and comfortable treating transgendered clients. You will also find a lot of TG clients may have other TG friends and, like all women, they like to talk and recommend people and places.

If anyone would like any advice or suggestions about dealing with Transgendered clients please feel free to ask.

Mat xx

yes well i think SHE is very comfortable with me as she has asked me to do her bikini waxing and has asked me if i am ok doing this, which i am. You are right about the lucrative - i know she wants a facial and her legs waxing at some point too.
thanks x

I remember reading on Salon Geek that you musnt wax mens facial hair. If I were you I would do a search as I know I read soemthing about it here. Otherwise ask Axiom as (unless Im completely mad) hes the expert.
I would love to know more about the transgender world. If it isnt for this thread could you pm me mat? hth and thanks

Advise also that if he were to have waxing this can make it more difficult and less effective to perform electrolysis,which he may want in the future for a more permanent solution.

You can wax the stray hairs on the upper cheeks and lower neck with hard wax, but I'd advise against waxing any further into the beard area as the hair here is extremely coarse, densely packed and deeply rooted. It also has a very rich blood and nerve supply, so (a) it will hurt like crazy, (b) it can often bleed like there's no tomorrow, and (c) there's a risk of infection and scarring.

The only time I would wax into the beard itself would be if the hair was very fine and wispy (i.e. the type of chap who only has to shave once a week). If your client has started hormone therapy, you may find her facial hair thins and weakens to the point that it is okay to wax, but hormone therapy can affect people in a myriad of different ways and the facial hair is not always affected to any significant degree. Be aware that the skin is also likely to experience some changes which may impact on your treatment.

IPL and/or electrolysis are good options for clients who wish to reduce or remove their facial hair, and in fact this would probably be my first recommendation over waxing for the majority of people. In fact I've been told by several electrologists that waxing can cause problems if the client later wants to go down more permanent routes. EDIT: just noticed Gill advised the same - Gill, can you shed some more light on why this is the case?

HTHs

Andy x

Advise also that if he were to have waxing this can make it more difficult and less effective to perform electrolysis,which he may want in the future for a more permanent solution.

yes i was thinking that. I know you can buy special wax for men but i don't fancy putting it on their face.
"she" said when "she" has her hormone treatment the hairs will be alot finer so will be easier to wax. Tricky one really.

thanks

To be honest even if you did it probably wouldn't touch it.

You can wax the stray hairs on the upper cheeks and lower neck with hard wax, but I'd advise against waxing any further into the beard area as the hair here is extremely coarse, densely packed and deeply rooted. It also has a very rich blood and nerve supply, so (a) it will hurt like crazy, (b) it can often bleed like there's no tomorrow, and (c) there's a risk of infection and scarring.

The only time I would wax into the beard itself would be if the hair was very fine and wispy (i.e. the type of chap who only has to shave once a week). If your client has started hormone therapy, you may find her facial hair thins and weakens to the point that it is okay to wax, but hormone therapy can affect people in a myriad of different ways and the facial hair is not always affected to any significant degree. Be aware that the skin is also likely to experience some changes which may impact on your treatment.

IPL and/or electrolysis are good options for clients who wish to reduce or remove their facial hair, and in fact this would probably be my first recommendation over waxing for the majority of people. In fact I've been told by several electrologists that waxing can cause problems if the client later wants to go down more permanent routes. EDIT: just noticed Gill advised the same - Gill, can you shed some more light on why this is the case?

HTHs

Andy x

thats great, thanks for your advice x

Waxing can distort the follicle so when inserting the electrolysis needle it cannot reach down to the base of the follicle to pass the destroying current to cauterise the hair from its blood supply.

Waxing can distort the follicle so when inserting the electrolysis needle it cannot reach down to the base of the follicle to pass the destroying current to cauterise the hair from its blood supply.

I agree with this in regard to 'diathermy' aka 'thermolysis' or 'short wave' *but* it can be overcome with the 'blend' method.

However, I don't think I would wax a man's face, well certainly not if it was 'normal' beard growth. I would happily treat them with electrolysis :)

I would definately recommend electrolysis or IPL.Ive treated a few transexuals with electrolysis and had great results.Ive also treated male clients with IPL and had great results with that too.

I remember reading on Salon Geek that you musnt wax mens facial hair.
It's not that you MUSN'T, it should be explained fully to the client that the hair can grow back very patchy.

ive waxed a beard before. but it was only fine hair. finer than most bikini lines!!

and i usually try and whip off the hair on my bf's cheek bones. but im risking life and limb when i do that as he is a wimp and trys to kill me everytime lol.

I used to work in a wig salon, my TG and TV clients were my faves!!

Once someone swung at one of the other women that worked there cuz she called her a him, eek!!

Whats IPL?
I don't wax (yet) am just reading everything about waxing and spray tans at the mo in prep for more education, I know about electrolysis's but IPL has me stumped.

Hiya
IPL is a light treatment, Intense Pulse Light is it's proper name.

What it can do

Permanet Hair reduction, Photo-Skin Rejuvenation, Can help with live Acne, Sun damage Spots, Fine Lines & Wrinkles, Age Spots, Pigmentation Problems, Collagen Boosting, Red veins and much much more.

Treatments will be every 4-6wks ,depending on the clients skin type and treatment requirements the amount of treatments required is hard to predict. It's real hard to say how each individual will treat. I would suggest that you client goes to an IPL consultant to get advise.

If you have problems finding a company PM me and i will be glad to help if i can in any way.

Jenny x
Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

Don't touch the coarse beard hair - I experimented on poor ole Seanny once and did a tiny patch on his chin........... I think they must have heard the screams in the next county, and that was me at the sight of the blood involved and him at the pain!!! :eek:

Jackie

Don't touch the coarse beard hair - I experimented on poor ole Seanny once and did a tiny patch on his chin........... I think they must have heard the screams in the next county, and that was me at the sight of the blood involved and him at the pain!!! :eek:

Jackie

poor Sean:hug:

I am desperate to experiment on my husband:twisted:

the whole thing of waxing makes me cringe..must be so painfull however I can understand why so many people go through the pain barrier for either vanity or sanity reasons.
Speaking from a males perspective and knowing just how many hairs seem to pop out from the most unusual places(especially the older you get) I could imagine that for a TV/TS who is trying to both live and appear as a female this issue must be an absolute nightmare for them .... there must be many emotional as well as physical pain barriers to go through..waxing being one of them.

I have no idea or experiance of this treatment other than seing males backs being stripped bare at shows and then seeing these guys later on in complete agony..I guess having my facial(or any other for that matter) hair stripped off is the last thing I would want to pay someone to do for me and I have to confess I would be a little concerned that I might damage either myself or the ceiling when I hit it.

My wife hasnt shaved her legs for the last 4/5 years as she uses a hair diet cream which I do have to say has reduced the hair growth rate,thined the hair and lightened it also.

I assume that if this is a diet for hair then why couldnt a male use it..if it works on my wifes legs then why not facial hair or anywhere else(just think no more rashes and ingrown hair problems)...just might be worth a try for those TS ladies out there.

It might well also follow that if the hairs have reduced in strength due to the diet that its removal by wax or any other means might not be as painfull??

I have contact from a number of salons who cater for the Transvestite and TS ladies who sometimes link in with the local TV/TS centres and offer their beauty treatment services either at the centres,mobile or have specific evenings once a month for these ladies to come in...feel relaxed (as others around ) some cheap wine and snacks and as a result spend an absolute fortune on beautification.

From a buisness perspective helping these ladies can bring some fantastic financial rewards if you can provide a safe,freindly and benifical service.

Latest posts

Back