transparent area in free edge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debs

Reaction score
I had to remove L&P for a client yesterday, she didn`t like the weight(I could never understand that unless I`d put mountains on her nails)
After removal I noticed in one of her nails she had an area of transparency on her free edge.
How does this happen?
Will it go away?
I`ve never come across this before and I didn`t know what to say to her about it.
She may be coming back for a Fabric# overlay by next week and I`d like to be able to give her an answer.

Debs said:
I had to remove L&P for a client yesterday, she didn`t like the weight(I could never understand that unless I`d put mountains on her nails)
After removal I noticed in one of her nails she had an area of transparency on her free edge.
How does this happen?
Will it go away?
I`ve never come across this before and I didn`t know what to say to her about it.
She may be coming back for a Fabric# overlay by next week and I`d like to be able to give her an answer.
Hi Debs

Having seen and lived with your nails, I can certainly verify that you do not make mountains........sounds like she's just making an excuse! As for the transparency, I think I know what you mean...........unfortunately I don't know what it is:rolleyes: ..........sorry! The only thing I thought it could be was a thinner bit in the nail, however if she hasn't had them on very long then this probably wouldn't be a possibility.

Adele

Peppercorn Nails said:
Hi Debs

Having seen and lived with your nails, I can certainly verify that you do not make mountains........sounds like she's just making an excuse! As for the transparency, I think I know what you mean...........unfortunately I don't know what it is:rolleyes: ..........sorry! The only thing I thought it could be was a thinner bit in the nail, however if she hasn't had them on very long then this probably wouldn't be a possibility.

Adele

Thanks Adele,
I have to say that I only took her enhancements of yesterday and she rang me today asking when I can put another set on......
I think she liked the idea that her own nails had grown therefore wanting the enhancment off. It didn`t work out however as she`s broken 5 already.
I do feel I`ve had my confidence shattered somewhat though with her wanting a different system, I feel what I did for her wasn`t good enough.
As for her transparent bit of nail, it didn`t look like it was a thinner piece of nail but I`m hoping someone on here can give me the answer as I would like to know if I came across it again.

hi debs,
i`m not sure if this is of any help, but some of my nails are transparent at the free edge, they are so weak and bendy apart from my thumbs, like babys nails. this is`nt due to damage on my nails or me being a biter at any time, they have always been like that.
it has never improved no matter what i have tried, due to being at college i have`nt been able to put anything on them, and i hate the feeling of my natural nails.

Hi Debs...
When i started having acrylic enhancements put on my nails (Nov 2002) my nails were nice and long when i went to the nail bar, and they said they would have to cut them off and apply tips! I now know better!!!
But what i wanted to say to you is that i found them to be 'heavy' and yet they were not thick at all it was just that i was used to the weight of my own natural nails.
When they were removed affter a while when my own nails had grow quite long again they then felt soooo light and weak in comparism to the acrylics.
Don't let this person get you down it... always takes time getting used to anything new done to your hands (she needs to know this)...after all we use them so much in our day to day life.
I can't remember how the saying goes 'you can please some people most of the time..........or something like that!!!! sorry.
What i guess i am trying to say is that there are just some people that are never pleased whatever you do...and i am sure you do what you do, brilliantly!

awwwww keep your chin up babe ive seen your pics and you do awsome nails. She might just be one of those awkard nail clients every good nail tech has to have one!!! :lol: :rolleyes: This client might have sensitive nail beds and that is why she is noticing a difference in weight with the enhancements maybe reccomend she has them shorter on her next set. Not sure what the transparent area could be has it come away from the free edge area of skin at all causing it to look transparent?

Hi Debs.... my own nails tend to have the same transparency at the free edge.... I wake up in the morning and they're ok... by the time I've had a wash.... and they've been exposed to water... they start having these unsightly chunks of transparent bits..... This then makes them weak and peeling......

It sounds like your clients nails could have the same problem of retaining water as mine do..... Is she ensuring that she wears gloves as much as possible when putting her hands in water... bit difficult when you have a wash lol but how about when she washes up or does cleaning?

Its annoying thing to have... you've only got to run your fingers under the tap and they start going.... I read somewhere on the board a while ago that it helps if you put on solar oil about 10 mins before going into water.. i.e bath, washing up etc.

Hope this is of help

Thanks for your kind comments girls, you`ve cheered me up somewhat.......
She did come to me originally because her mum as a nail biter has been coming to me for a while and has lovely nails now, and although she can grow her nails, she never manages to keep them. So it may be that they`re a bit weak but that transparent bit was only on the one nail, very odd.
Anyway now she is coming to me this evening for a set of Fabric# and I`m bricking it.....my confidence has left the building

GO FETCH THAT CONFIDENCE BACK GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if she REALLY was`nt happy, she would`nt be coming back to you, she would have hunted out some other poor soul, don`t let her see she has given you a dent, :cool: i am sure you will be fine :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back