Treatment for arachnophobia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickysnails200

Reaction score
Hey
I was just wondering if anyone's had any treatment for arachnophobia like hypnotherapy etc or know anyone who has?
It's really affecting me and starting to take over I just wondered if anyone has had any success or can recommend anything?
Thank you xx

If you lived near me, I'd happily recommend my husband (he's an amazing hypnotherapist).

He's excellent with phobias. I had a friend who had a spider phobia and he cured her in one session. (Most therapists take 2-3 sessions). Immediately after the session, they went actively looking for spiders and webs on the edges of the local park.

Another friend had a fear of snakes and was desperate to visit relatives in Oz but kept putting it off because she was convinced she'd see a snake during the trip. One session later and she went off to the local large pet centre that sells snakes and got to hold several different varieties including a big one around her neck. I can remember her enormous grin when I met her for coffee just after booking the big trip!

Like in any profession, there's OK therapists and there are outstanding ones so see if you can find someone who has a good reputation.

Thank you that's great! You hear so many different things from people who've never had any experience with it it's good to hear first hand! Thank you x

I had NLP therapy for arachnophobia. Over 10 years ago now, but at the time it was absolutely taking over my life. I had just one session (although they advised before it may take 2-3) and the difference was incredible!! Such a relief and it broke my 'OCD' behaviours that went with it (plus anxiety, panic attacks etc) The positive outcome did wear off over the years and I would love another session (although now I live in spain and have cockroaches to keep my mind off it ;) ) I absolutely recommend it :) Good luck x

I'd visit your local reptile shop. My local one was really helpful and let me touch the outside of the tanks until eventually I've managed to hold a tarantula on a couple of occasions without totally freaking out.

Oh my god I could never do that! That would be my worse nightmare! [emoji47]

It is my worst nightmare but I'm quite pleased with myself that I've faced my fears head on and whilst I don't really like spiders, I no longer have a melt down when I see one and can now even put them outside the house.

You are so brave to hold a T....I can't even say the word! Well done!

I'm terrified of spiders! Big spiders! I try to hoover up the ones with skinny legs but it takes all my courage! We had a massive thick one on our stairs once and I had to do something as I needed to go downstairs! So I got the hoover out and started chasing it screaming my head off! I got it then chucked the hoover in my hubbies office. Then the bloody thing climbed out the hoover so I shut the door! It took me a while to be able to go back in the room! I thought I saw it on my arm one day and totally freaked out, I was holing my daughter at the time and I just had to put her safely down and then I started having a panic attack [emoji30] horrible things!! I try to talk to them and say I'm bigger than you go away! Haha X

Latest posts

Back